Mood Slime(Egon Spengler[Ghostbusters{1984}] X Ghostbuster!Reader)

While I'm not quitting again, I'm having a hard time being self indulgent with self shipping. I physically can't get myself to write anything(new, at least. I've been thinking about rewriting some old one shots), so I don't know how this is gonna go.

Have these next two one shots as some form of content I haven't posted yet.

-------

You walked into the firehouse to see Janine reading a magazine. Upon noticing you, she smiled.

"Let me guess why you're here on your day off," she said.

You giggled softly. "Shoot."

"You're gonna confess to Egon today."

You blushed softly. "Maybe. I hope I won't back out this time."

"I heard from Peter he has a crush on you, too."

"I kind of call bullshit, but I believe you at the same time."

"The only way you're gonna find out is to ask him. You've got privacy. Only Egon's here."

"Okay, I'll ask him. I'll tell you all about it," you smiled at her before climbing the stairs. You saw Egon sitting at his desk with the jar of mood slime in front of him. You knocked on the stair railing to alert him. "Hey, Egon."

He looked over his shoulder to see you. He gave you a small yet soft smile. "Hello, (Y/N)."

"How's the mood slime?" you asked. You walked over to him and pulled up a chair beside him.

"It's been in a positive state as of late. I've been trying to come up with other ways to make it positively charged," he explained.

"What have you tried?" you urged. You loved hearing him explain things even when you didn't understand.

"Ray and I have sang to it, read to it, said supportive, nurturing things to it," he listed.

"So, parental things?" you summarized.

Egon nodded. "Yes."

"Weird suggestion, but hypothetically, would a confession of love give it a positive reaction since it feeds off of the mood around it?" you asked.

The scientist's cheeks turned pink. "I suppose so."

Well, here goes nothing, you thought.

"I have a huge crush on you, Egon."

The slime made happy noises.

Egon was caught off guard by your blunt statement, but his blush deepened nonetheless. "I admit I feel the same way about you."

The slime bubbled happily.

You leaned in. "I wonder how the slime would react if I did this."

Upon your lips pressing to Egon's in a soft kiss, the slime let out a joyful squeal. Egon kissed back a moment later. You both pulled back after a few moments. He gave you a goofy smile. You giggled softly.

"I love you, Egon. I really do," you smiled.

"I love you too, (Y/N)," he said with soft eyes.

"Wanna go out for some pizza when you get finished with your work?" you asked.

He nodded. "I'd like that."

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo