Contagious Fashion Sense(Lou[UglyDolls] X Reader)

I bought a new dress for my Loki cosplay and I wanted to involve it in a one shot. Originally, I thought of Loki picking it out for me to wear to one of Tony's parties but then I got this idea for Lou.

I'm honestly tempted to open requests again, but something's telling me that's a bad idea.

-------

"Why are your friends so insistent?" Lou asked from outside the locked bathroom. "Why does it matter to them that you stay home so much?"

"They think it helps my mental health," you replied while applying your lip gloss. "It does, but not as much as they think it does. I haven't told them I'm not suicidal anymore yet, so that's probably why they want me to tag along all the time."

"Why not? Out of all people, they need to know," he said.

"They never ask. They can read me like a book, so maybe they already assume," you said.

"Tell them, anyway," he remarked. "You even told me before them and I'm not even human."

"Okay, I'll tell them tonight. We're going out to dinner so it could be turned into a celebratory thing," you said.

"I'm proud of you, by the way," he mentioned.

You smiled. "Thanks, Lou."

"Come out of the bathroom. You didn't let me see what you picked out. I need to make sure you look perfect," he said.

"I kept it secret from you for a reason. I think you'll like this," you said while putting on your gold and (birthstone) necklace. "I think you're rubbing off on me."

You heard a smile in his voice. "I hope so."

You gave yourself a final one-over before slipping into your (color) kitten heels. "Ready, Lou?"

"I've been ready for the past twenty minutes, baby doll," he said.

You unlocked the door and opened it. You smiled down at him. "Ta-da."

His eyes widened in awe at the dress you were wearing. It was a (favorite color) Broadway show taffeta high-low gown with spaghetti straps, an apron neckline, and a princess seamed bodice. The fitted, banded waist sat atop the flowy high-low maxi-skirt that had box pleats, side seam pockets, and a voluminous silhouette.

"Oh, my doll.." he said. He smiled happily. "I have been rubbing off on you. I love it. You look gorgeous."

You scooped him into your arms. "Good. I'm glad I was right. Do I look perfect?"

"You always look perfect," he praised.

You carried him to your room. "You gonna be okay on your own?"

"I always am," he said as he was placed on your bed. "Go show off how pretty you are."

You giggled softly. "It's only dinner, so I'll be back in a few hours." You grabbed your (fandom) wallet.

"Wait, you forgot something," he said before you walked out.

You went back over to him. "What?"

He got a running start on your bed before jumping onto you. "This." He kissed your cheek then dismounted back onto your bed. "I love you."

"I love you too, Lou," you smiled softly. "Bye, hon."

"Have fun, gorgeous," he chimed as you walked out and downstairs.

As you made your way to the car, you noticed your confident stride. You made a mental note to thank Lou when you got home.

-------

I have two Shadow one shots, a Foop one shot for tomorrow, and a Bendy one shot. If anything, I'm going to try to get at least Shadow's done tonight since they're both somewhat short.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo