TBOTE 57 ☠

The mayor of the small group sent all of them to live in a rather normal sized house on the street the fences surrounded.

"Wow this place is perfect." Hanji smiled. "So we'll all be living together." She laughed quietly.

Armin had a sudden mood change and was happy. He somehow found it easier to just get over Eren.

There were other people right? And by other people he thought of Aki.

Could he actually be happy now? The way Aki looked at Armin showed he was interested.

Jean and Marco left the area and started walking towards where the shed was.

"Hey Jean?" Marco started, playing with his hands nervously as he looked down.

"Yes?"

"Can we talk about something?"

Jean sighed. "Can you save it for later? We're almost at the shed."

Marco looked at Jean, a hurt look on his face. This still had half an hour of walking. Did he think he was an idiot and didn't remember?

Jean looked ahead as he walked and shoved his hands in his pockets. "If it's important we should talk somewhere better about it." He had a clue about what it would be for, he didn't want to talk about it. He didn't know what to do.

"But we're alone right now." Marco frowned.

"Somewhere private is better."

"We are private. There are only infected in the damn woods you idiot." Marco spat, not like himself at all.

Jean looked surprised and shook his head, walking faster. "We're almost there."

Marco frowned and followed close behind.

-

"I wonder if the place is safe." Eren said as he fed Ryder a bottle.

Levi did the same with Kari and sat next to Eren. "Well if they never come back it's either because they're assholes and wanted to leave us behind or they're dead."

Eren frowned and lightly pushed Levi's shoulder. "Don't say that. Should we start walking? So we can meet up along the way."

Levi shrugged. "We still have a few hours until night. I don't see why not." He stood up and packed Kari's empty bottle away. Eren did the same with Ryder's and slowly opened the shed door.

There was no sign of anything so the two walked out on to the street.

"We'll finally have a safe place for the kids to grow up." Eren smiled.

Levi nodded in agreement. "Yeah, at least we know they'll be safe. I hope they're immune."

"Me too. It just keeps them so much safer." Eren kissed Ryder's head softly.

"Hey..is that Jean and Marco?" Levi pointed out two blobs in the distance.

"I think so, let's speed it up."

The blobs eventually turned into actual bodies. It really was Jean and Marco.

"So it's safe?!" Eren asked excitedly.

"Yup." Jean mumbled.

Eren raised an eyebrow at how awkward the two acted. He could feel the tension between them in the air.

"So..let's go.." Levi mumbled and started walking. "I'd like a real bed."

Marco walked alongside Eren and they talked.
"There is this guy there, Aki, he's the mayor's son."