TBOTE 120 ☠

Eren quickly turned and looked at Armin. "Oh. Hey."

"Are you okay?" Armin raised an eyebrow.

"Uh yeah." Eren mumbled, reaching a hand behind him to tuck the gun into his pants more.

Armin watches suspiciously. "How do you feel?"

"Better." Eren lied. "I have to go. See ya." He turned and bumped into Jesse. The two looked at each other surprised before Eren quickly walked away.

Eren was annoyed at Jesse.

Armin turned to walk away but was stopped by Jesse grabbed the blonde's wrist.

"Armin. Why are you avoiding me?" Jesse asked, frowning.

Armin pulled his hand from Jesse's grip. "You should know why. I can't talk right now. I'm trying to help people get better." He walked away.

Jesse sighed and rolled his eyes. He didn't understand why things with Armin were so complicated.

-

Eren walked back to the room to see Levi sitting on the bed. Kari was asleep in her crib. She clung to a plushie. Levi had told the little girl to pretend it was Ryder.

The teen sat down next to Levi. "How was it?" Levi asked.

"Fine." Eren lied. How would he explain to his fiancé that his own father wanted him to end his life?

Levi watched Eren and could easily tell something was wrong. "Alright." He brushed it off.

"You're going to get sick Levi." Eren frowned as he coughed into his arm.

"I know. I'm ready for it." Levi mumbled, sighing.

"It sucks." Eren looked up at Levi, his head still resting on Levi's shoulder. He twirled his finger through the man's black hair. "It's only getting worse." He mumbled.

"You'll get better Eren. I know you will." Levi said as he wrapped an arm around Eren's shoulders.

Eren had an opportunity. He could tell Levi about what Jesse did and what he talked to his dad about, or keep it a secret. He was nervous. He didn't know which was right.

He stayed silent for a moment.

"I guess." Eren sighed and coughed again. "How is Kari doing?"

"Not bad. She has a light fever and cough. It may pass her just like a flu. Did Grisha say anything else about the facility?"

"No. I think they're waiting to attack us when this illness dies down. My dad has been talking to them. They won't help." Eren sighed. "Did I make a good choice?"

"What do you mean?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

Eren opened his mouth, but hesitated and closed it.

"What is it, Eren?" (HUEHUEHUE!)

"Escaping. Bringing Jesse back here." Eren whispered.

"What did he do?" Levi narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing. I'm just worried I started too much drama. Now Armin is a mess and can't trust anyone because of me and Aki, while Jesse is trying to get with Armin. Armin thinks Jesse and I are hooking up and won't say yes to him. It's all so complicated now. Doesn't Armin see that I have a fiancé, am pregnant and have twins? I don't want Jesse." Eren said quickly, playing with his hands in his lap nervously.

"Is that it?" Levi asked.

"Yeah." Eren lied again. He couldn't tell Levi. If Jesse found out about Eren telling Levi he would tell everyone that they had kissed-- or say even worse.