TBOTE 163 🗞

Being on the road wasn't the easiest when it came to traveling with a group of kids.

Kari, Ryder and Jaxon were usually extremely well behaved, but when it came to tantrums and the usually childish behaviors, they were bait.

Any cry lured an infected which was extremely dangerous when they were in situations left vulnerable.

Levi walked with Kari strapped to his back and Jaxon strapped to his chest. There was no way he was letting his little girl go walking on her own.

Eren did the same with Ryder. He made sure the toddler was strapped to his back. Erwin led with Mikasa and Yukara. Then there was Hanji.

Eren and Levi were next being kept safe in the center while Jean, Marco, Armin and Jesse took the back.

Things were still extremely strained between Jesse and Eren.

The two that had originally met and became friends were now enemies.

Armin felt useless and didn't want to be there. He'd rather be sleeping or locked away in a room somewhere.

There was so much tension between them all.

One wrong move or word and someone was going off.

A baby cried and someone would get mad.

"I think the University close by would be the best place. The biology wing would have some things I could play with." Hanji murmured as he walked alongside Levi.

"Sounds good. I think a group should go in first, clear the University and then everyone else does in. I obviously want to be in that group." Levi spoke normally, sighing a moment after.

"Ha no. You're staying with the kids and I." Eren frowned, eyebrows furrowing.

"I'll be fine. What else could go wrong? I know how to fight." Levi said, a bit louder.

"Oh boy time for the happy couple to have a fight." Jesse spat, eyeing Armin like he was a lion looking at prey.

Armin could feel Jesse's eyes burning holes into him from behind, but he couldn't say anything. Talking to him would mean giving in.

Was giving in like forgiving?

"Why did Jesse have to come?" Eren whispered to Levi.

Levi rolled his eyes and continued to play with Jaxon, watching and the infant chewed on his finger with his gums. "We need the man power."

Eren laughed humorlessly. "He isn't a man."

Levi sighed. "Eren can you cut the crap. You were the one that introduced him into our group. You can't just hate him now and expect him to be kicked out. Yes, I hate him. I would most definitely kill him or use him for bait if we got attacked, but the time hasn't come."

Eren seemed unhappy and unsatisfied with the answer that Levi gave him. "That doesn't really help me in the now." He turned to look at Armin.

His best friend had grown extremely skinny. The blonde didn't eat or sleep, who knew what he stayed up doing. He was lonely and that happiness he had with Jesse was no longer there. So he was left alone and heartbroken.

Armin tried to make it seem like nothing was wrong. The dark bags under his eyes said otherwise of course.

He wasn't okay. Lack of sleep? A broken heart? It all killed him from inside out.

It wasn't just the infected he thought about.

But how his broken heart could kill him.

It seemed ridiculous, but with his broken heart he felt no motivation.

Eren saw him deteriorating before him, but couldn't do much else but watch.

He had tried.

It seemed the blonde didn't want to be helped.

-

A/N: writing as of 12/22 - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! I finally updated this story. So, here's an update on my life. I officially applied to college, I won a writing competition in class! (I knew all of those years of wattpad would work out!) and I no longer have two jobs that had me working my ass off.

Please don't forget to vote and leave me a little comment ❤️

-Kayla