You Belong With Me

Astrid's sat in her room sharpening her axe when she sees Hiccup and Heather arguing, Heather is flailing her arms around whilst Hiccup is shouting at her in defense.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend
She's upset, she's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.  

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.

  Hiccup walks over to Astrid's window and peeks in. He smiles and Astrid's asks him what's wrong. He shrugs and walks away as Astrid looks down and laughs. She looks up to see him gone, her smile disappeared.  

But she wears short skirts
I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

Astrid jumps around the room as she sings. Hiccup sees her as he walks up the road to his house, he smiles and shakes his head.

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you.
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

Astrid sits on the grass outside Hiccup's house looking at the village. Hiccup comes to sit beside her, Astrid smiles as he sits close to her. he brushes a piece of her bangs behind her ear.

Walk in the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be.
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself,
"Hey, isn't this easy?"

Heather walks over and picks Hiccup up 'playfully' and pulls him in for a kiss meanwhile giving Astrid a death glare. Astrid forces a smile as Hiccup waves goodbye.

And you've got a smile
That could light up this whole town.
I haven't seen it in a while
Since she brought you down.

You say you're fine I know you better than that.
Hey, what you doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels,
I wear sneakers.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

Astrid gives Heather her own death glare and mean gestures to her as they walk away. Hiccup was oblivious to her actions and to Heather returning the gestures.

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you,
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see
You belong with me.

Astrid was cheering Hiccup on in the dragon race and when he came back she followed him as he walked over to Heather, who was flirting with Snotlout. Hiccup shouted at her and they broke up, but Astrid just shook her head in pity.

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

Hiccup walks over to Astrid's window dressed in his best clothes and leaned in to her room. He asked whether she was going to the dance but Astrid shook her head, and as Hiccup walked away Astrid heard him say 

"I wish you were..." Astrid looked over at the papers that lay on her desk and one said, 'I love you'. Astrid brushed away her bangs and walked over to her wardrobe.

Oh, I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night.
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're 'bout to cry.
I know your favorite songs,
And you tell me about your dreams.
Think I know where you belong,
Think I know it's with me.

Astrid awkwardly walks into the great hall and feels everyones eyes cast onto her. She walked through the crowd in a stunning blue dress and made her way over to Hiccup who was talking with his friends. As his eyes cast upon Astrid he smiled.

Can't you see
That I'm the one
Who understands you?
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see
You belong with me.

Heather stops him but Hiccup pushes past her and continues to walk over to Astrid. They meet in the middle and Astrid pulls out a piece of paper with the words 'I love you' written on it. Hiccup then reaches into his pocket and produces a piece of paper with the same words, 'I love you'.

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

You belong with me.

Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me?

They both smile and lean in. Their lips touch and sparks fly around them.

You belong with me.

*********************************

That's a wrap!

Another one shot by myself and was inspired by some wonderful youtube spoofs out there! I am not uploading as much because I am running out of ideas so please, I need more! I will give full credit to you and you will get to decide what my new cover should be or whether to keep my current one! It's up to you!

I will love you forever, cheerio!!!