Overprotective - Request

This is my first after HTTYD 2 episode and Astrid is pregnant but gets a lot more attention than she would like. (Vid above is part of the episode)

Astrid's POV:

It's been about a month since I found out that I was pregnant and it's been about 2 weeks since I told Hiccup about it and it's fair to say that he has been a little overprotective about me.

Some would find it annoying and frustrating, which I do, but I mostly find it sweet and cute. Hiccup has never been one for taking much care for me, only when I am sick or injured. He knows that I can take care of myself, but he just wants me to be safe as he knows what I am like. I get carried away with how much I can handle.

He relies on me...

I woke up this morning and saw a tray with my breakfast on it, placed on my beside table. I smiled warmly as I thought of Hiccup placing it beside me whilst I slept.

I ate it and went outside to be met with a cool, morning breeze. The village was peaceful and working; the vikings worked quietly to themselves leaving dust to settle. I looked out onto the village and let out a small sigh to myself, I was happy.

"Astrid!" Hiccup called out to me, snapping me out of my trance. I smiled at the young man who was jogging up to me with a look of worry on his face.

"Hiccup. Shouldn't you be taking care of the village?" I asked, hoping that he would let me wander around without him.

"The village can wait, I just need to know that you're safe." Hiccup stated. I sighed at his frustrating stubbornness.

"I was going to see Valka and Gobber, that's all. I'll be fine." I convinced Hiccup, who just sighed in defeat and watched after me as I walked away and towards the Forge.

***

"I don't know what to do with him Valka." I sighed. I had collapsed on Hiccup's workbench in his tiny room off from the forge. Valka had followed me in and was now sat on a chair beside me whilst she looked through one of Hiccup's diaries. But I know what's in those diaries. I've read them before.

"He's just concerned, dear." Valka comforted, "He's just trying to protect you... He loves you dearly." She finished with a sigh, she looked like she'd just seen her past flash before her.

"I guess you're right... I should lay off him a bit." I said and dismounted from the desk. I patted Valka on the shoulder and walked out the room. "Thank you." I praised and ran into the village, to my parents house.

I quickly ran to the back of the house and kicked a loose panel on the wall. Once it was released it revealed a glowing bow and quiver. Since I'm not allowed to use my axe, I was gonna use my bow instead. It's not my preferred weapon but I can use it quite well, it's helped me with a couple of wild boars before though.

I then made my way to the forest, more specifically, the cove. Ever since I told Hiccup that I was pregnant he took my favourite axe off me. Was I frustrated? Yeah. Angry? Definitely. But not enough to try and kill him, no. I love him, I really do.

I took out my bow as soon as I entered the cove and began to shoot at the makeshift targets I'd made for my axe throwing practice. These ones were actually from the Edge and it was the only piece of our adventurous past that actually still exists, the actually Edge was burned down and now lies in smoldering embers.

Eventually I grew tired of the bow and arrows and lay them down on the rock beside me, then I too lay on it. I patted my small baby bump upon my belly. I stroked it and sang a lullaby I had once heard: (Video above)

  Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

As I breathed the last note I felt a rush of relief come over me. I sighed as the morning breeze tickled my skin once more. My life was perfect. Even now...

Done!

Season 4 of RTTE is out and I still haven't watched all the episodes yet! But I am trying to prolong the episodes so that I can last longer and so that I can also watch my Teen Wolf and Shadowhunter episodes also. I ship Malec so much!!!

Anyway, I hope you liked it and please vote and comment!!