I Will Always Return

Post HTTYD 3

Hiccup stood upon a cliff over-looking the sea.

  I hear the wind call my name
The sound that leads me home again

  He thought about all the times he'd had with his Night Fury friend.  

It sparks up the fire - a flame that still burns
To you I will always return

Toothless stood on a faraway island looking up at the sky full of dragons.

I know the road is long but where you are is home
Wherever you stay - I'll find the way

He too, thought about his friend and looked at the small dragon toy that lay infront of him.

I'll run like the river, I'll follow the sun
I'll fly like an eagle to where I belong

Toothless looked at his prosthetic tail and shot into the sky.

Hiccup saw a familiar figure flying towards him. His face lifted as he watched the Night Fury grow closer.

I can't stand the distance - I can't dream alone
I can't wait to see you - Yes I'm on my way home

Toothless landed beside Hiccup and nuzzled him gently. Hiccup looked into the Night Fury's eyes, they seemed to say: "I never got to say goodbye properly..."

Now I know it's true
My every road leads to you
And in the hour of darkness
Your light gets me through

Hiccup hugged the Night Fury tightly. Toothless nuzzled into the hug and let a small tear leave his eyes.

You run like the river - you shine like the sun
You fly like an eagle

Toothless reluctantly pulled away and looked at Hiccup with sad eyes, Hiccup knew what this meant.

You are the one
I've seen every sunset
And with all that I've learned

Toothless shot back into the sky and back from where he came, Hiccup waved the Night Fury goodbye. For the final time...

Oh, it's to you I will always, always return

Astrid approached Hiccup and placed a loving hand on his shoulder to comfort him. She was there for him no matter what...

So sad....

Anyway guys I know it's quite an emotional chapter to come back to but I've finally finished RTTE Season 4 and I can't wait until they release season 5!!! I'm hoping there will be some more Hiccstrid moments but neither do I want them to over do it.

Anyway I will try and update more often and please request if you have any ideas.