3. Meet The Fam

Entertainment.

Public was thirsty for it.

What many people probably didn't pay too much thought to was who brought it and what it took of them to bring it.

Maybe that's why nobody knew that the amazing choreography everyone praised didn't come from an internationally well known group of dancers.. it came from a nineteen year old girl.

Her name was Audrey Pierce.

Audrey was a college student living in the dorms and had taken up two jobs. Two very different jobs, both of which she was good at.

On weekdays, she'd work in a book store. On weekends, she'd teach the choreography she had set all by herself along the week to the girls booked to perform the next weekend, giving them the till then for practice.

It was quite hectic for her - managing classes and two jobs. But she always managed it.

Dance was a passion of hers. She had taken ballet lessons ever since she was six years old. She wanted to have a career in dance but when she was seven, her parents had a messy divorce. A year later, her father died.

Audrey had two siblings at the time of the divorce; Vanessa who was four, and Jake who was just one.

Two years later, her mother married a man named Paul Middleton. One more year later, they had another child, Kylie Middleton.

Audrey and Kylie have a ten year gap.

Ever since Dean Pierce died, their financial condition had been poor. Her mother was a housewife and couldn't suddenly get a proper job while raising three kids.

Audrey helped her mother with household chores. When her mother got married to Paul, they lived comfortably. But soon, even his business went down. The couple started growing tension between them as raising a family with four kids was difficult.

Their mother, Kristen worked as a kindergarten teacher now. She gave her father's farmhouse (which he left her in his will) on rent. That was also the family's source of income.

Audrey, the oldest sibling went off to college and worked here while her family stayed back home.

Later that night, Audrey went back to her dorms and called Vanessa to tell her how she covered at the bar for one night.

"Will you tell mom about it?"

"No, she'll think I'm talking about going into the sex industry." Audrey laughed.

Vanessa and Audrey were very close and shared everything with each other.

While Audrey was in love with dancing, Vanessa was a master at singing. She'd sing in local and school competitions. She even had her social media accounts filled with covers of songs of various artists. Her talent made her popular at school, she was the lead singer in her school band.

"When is your competition again?" Audrey asked.

"Next week." Vanessa replied. "Today I was happy with the rehearsals so I think we might even win."

"Happy with rehearsals or the fact that you get to miss classes?"

"Kinda both." She laughed.

"This is your junior year, V. Take it seriously. I struggled in it more than senior year."

"Aye, aye, captain." Vanessa chuckled.

"Is Jake still sulking about his breakup?"

"God, Audrey. I swear I'll kill him. He's thirteen but acts like he's twenty one and it's getting on my nerves."