136. 25

"I remember my 20th birthday in Chicago." Audrey told their manager. "I had just joined Monica for her tour and was so excited to spend my birthday in a foreign city."

They laughed Jessica filled herself in with as much information about their past as possible.

"Ah," Audrey took a bite from her cake, "I miss my early twenties already."

"You're still there. My life began after I was 26."

"I've lived." Audrey smiled. "I've had my share."

"You have. But you're only now becoming a woman. Life as a girl and as a woman are different."

"I'll miss my girl era." She emphasised with air quotes.

"I wanna see how you grow in the following years. It'll be completely new experiences."

"Audrey!" Someone called from outside the room.

"Coming!" Audrey shouted back as they picked up their plates and hurried outside.

"Your outfit is here." The stylist handed her a hanger and she went to change.

Vanessa met up with her backstage, after being filled in on Audrey's birthday surprise.

The show began after a while, and the girls went up.

Dean sneaked behind curtains and stood by the lift along with staff members.

They waited for the live band to get their cue.

In the middle of Audrey's speech, her mic stopped working. She looked at Vanessa but before she could react, the band started playing the birthday song and Dean was sent up on stage with a big bouquet of flowers.

The crowd started cheering as Audrey stared in disbelief. Vanessa laughed heartily at her expressions.

Dean warmly hugged her and bend his knee as he gave the flowers to her.

Simultaneous uploads of live videos made the surprise global.

Everyone was in awe with Dean's love for his girlfriend. Their dreamy relationship made many jealous and many happy.

Audrey kissed him on the cheek and thanked everyone.

****

Her birthday night was spent in a private club. She asked the owner to book the same place for the same people later for their Christmas party.

"Same place?" Dean frowned. "Let's go elsewhere."

"I like it here."

"Then after Christmas are we going to celebrate New year here as well?"

"I would be performing that night. I've told you."

"Ah. Right."

She drank from her glass and asked him to go to Cuba with her for the weekend.

"We can have an early New Year. What do you think?"

Dean refilled both their glasses. "I think that's lovely."

"This is your last glass." Vanessa pointed out from beside them. "You always drink extra in the last 10 days of December."

"It's a celebration every other day in the last days, what can I do?" Audrey downed her glass.

"Not die of alcohol poisoning."

Dean chuckled and agreed. "She's right. We should stop."

Audrey agreed only after being allowed one last glass.