92. Actions Of A Boy

"What were you thinking about?" The doctor asked.

"Everything." Vanessa replied, a little breathlessly.

"How much do you remember of the past few minutes?"

"Nothing."

The doctor sighed and stood up.

Kristen and Jeff looked up at him.

"She should take a few days off." He said with a sad smile. "Her stress levels are too high for her body to handle."

"Can stress make you lose consciousness?" Kristen asked.

"Your daughter fainted because of exhaustion. But considering that it lasted only a few seconds, there's nothing serious to be worried about."

Vanessa signalled the nurse who was giving her water to stop. "Audrey? What about the photoshoot?"

"Audrey's doing her segment first. We'll postpone yours." Jeff informed.

"She's doing it right now?"

Jeff nodded. "We barely succeeded in making her leave."

Vanessa took a deep breath and leaned back. "I feel like a completely different person. I don't know what took over me back there. But I'm fine now."

"That's because of that." Kristen pointed at the needle injected in her arm.

"I had a dream of some sort." Vanessa said. "It was a dream, right? We never left this building, did we?"

Everyone shook their heads.

"Was it a scary dream?" Kristen asked.

"No. Despite of how I was feeling in reality, it was a sweet dream." Vanessa replied. "Someone had taken me to an overlook with a gorgeous view. The breeze was smooth, I wanted to stay there longer."

"Had you stayed there longer, we would've freaked out here." One of the stylists chuckled.

Vanessa smiled a little. "I'm sorry I troubled everybody."

"Just take care of yourself." Kristen said. "I won't be coming with you once you leave Korland. You won't be able to put mom on the phone, and it'll only take a weak, "mom, this and this," to have me racing to your side."

"I know." Her eyes smiled.. but sadly.

****

"Blue Hearts reveals grueling rehearsal routine sees them practice for 12-15 hours a day for their first ever world tour." Mason read on his phone from beside Vanessa's bed.

A nurse stood at the end of the room while Audrey laid down with Vanessa, her eyes closed.

"Ah, I don't want to hear those articles." Vanessa whined. "I asked you to distract me."

"You'll need to be more specific. What should I do?"

"How about help me not worry about the time that I'm wasting on this bed?"

"You're not wasting time." Audrey suddenly spoke.

"You're awake?"

"I thought you were sleeping."

Audrey turned to her side without opening her eyes. "If you two won't shut up, how will I sleep?"

Vanessa turned back to look at Mason. "Do my Literature homework. You'll be a lawyer, you're good with words."

Mason shrugged. "I can. But don't expect Shakespeare."

Vanessa's eyes lit up. "That's perfect! It'll be believable that I wrote it."