28. As Seen From A Camera

The next few days were a blur. Everything happened rapidly. Michael's assistant reached out to Jeff to congratulate the girls on Michael's behalf for the release of their cover song.

He also said that Micheal would like them to briefly document the recording process of their debut single for reasons unstated.

A camera clicked on and started recording. Audrey appeared on the screen as she held it up and frowned.

"Is it on?" She whispered and then saw the blinking red sign at the top. "Yep. It is."

She moved the camera to her right, focusing on Vanessa as she spoke from behind.

"Vanessa Elizabeth Pierce, any words you'd like to share?"

Vanessa looked up from the table where different pictures of models in different styles of clothing were lying. "I'm just trying to pick a favorite."

Audrey moved to the front of the camera. "We have the official photoshoot for the artwork of our debut single in three days. Preparations have commenced, people."

She zoomed in on a bunch of portraits. "This looks sexy." She pointed to a red jumpsuit.

"I like this one." Vanessa held up a denim shorts, white crop top and thigh high gray boots. "Gives a desert vibe."

"Paired with a cool cowboy hat."

"Yep."

Then she moved on to other pictures.

Audrey left Vanessa and went through a short yet dark corridor. The darkness eventually faded away. "This is where we've been working."

Oliver looked back and waved. "Are you filming?"

"Oh yeah. This is Oliver. He's the music producer of our single along with one more minion of his."

"Who are you f*cking calling a minion?" Lucky walked into the room and Audrey gasped.

"Don't swear on camera!"

"F*ck off."

Oliver laughed. "He's just being his cranky self. Are you sure you're not backed up, bro?"

Lucky flipped him off.

Audrey immediately turned around and quickly walked away. "Right. We don't need that on film."

The second recording clip showed Audrey trying to hit a note Vanessa easily managed.

Her voice kept cracking and they laughed. Vanessa demonstrated once again but Audrey wasn't able to do it.

"Give it time." Vanessa teased while laughing.

"Whatever." Audrey rolled her eyes.

Another clip included Audrey inside the recording room and Vanessa sitting outside along with Oliver and Lucky.

"This is the making of our first single." Vanessa said from behind the camera which was focused on Audrey behind the glass wall. "We're very excited to share this experience with everyone. Hopefully, everything will end up as good as it seems right now."

Suddenly, the door opened and Mason walked in. "Audrey!" He called out.

Vanessa turned around with the camera still in her hand and informed him she was inside. The camera recorded their feet but the conversation was audible.

"I'm leaving for Portlake right now." Mason said. "Thought I'd say goodbye."

"She'll be done in half an hour. You can come and wait."