17. She Deserves Bigger And Better

Audrey slammed the door to Meera's hotel room open.

"I f*cked up." She announced.

Meera and her boyfriend, James looked up from their bed at the twenty year old.

"Audrey! Knock!" Meera exclaimed as they both covered themselves up with sheets on the bed.

"Meera! I don't care!" Audrey shot back in the same tone and walked inside. "James, you might wanna cover up better."

The blonde cursed and got off his girl as they both glared at Audrey.

"What? Get it over with." Meera said, slightly annoyed.

"You remember how we had last week off, thanks to Monica's injury, right?"

"Duh?"

Audrey cleared her throat. "Well, I kinda got carried away and spent too much.. again.."

James groaned. "Can't you talk about this later?"

"You two started dating last month, Meera has been with me longer than that, James. Ever since the tour began."

Meera sighed. "I regret it."

"So anyway, I went to order a hair extension kit for my youngest sister's birthday which is this weekend but my account said insufficient funds."

"Payday was yesterday." James frowned.

"Exactly. I had to wait till this month's payday because after the Christmas gifts last month, especially that phone for Jake, my account was empty. I figured I'd have money this month but I don't."

"Call the manager and tell him you haven't received your pay." Meera said.

"I obviously did, he asked me to contact my bank, I did that too and they said some technical error has my account blocked. Get that? Blocked!"

"When will it unblock?"

"Would you believe their reply? 'Soon'."

"Soon?"

"Yep."

"Weekend is in two days."

"Yep."

"How soon is soon?"

"No idea."

"You can send a birthday gift later, Audrey. Just tell your about it."

"You don't get ten year olds, James. I've already missed my birthday, new years and Christmas! This isn't like me, I've never missed Christmas dinners."

"And you've never toured the world while earning this big." Meera smirked. "If you ask me, this is a small sacrifice. If even one."

Audrey stretched. "Awh, I shouldn't have gone out as much as I did last week." She closed her eyes with slight remorse.

"It was fun." Meera said. "Latinas know how to party."

"Oh.." James laughed. "Hands down, they do."

Even Audrey chuckled at the memories of the past week. She was far away from her problems and living life in South American beaches and clubs.

Living far away from home gave her a sense of adventure and a rush of excitement.

She got up. "Alright, you two. I guess I'll try to talk to someone again." She paused at the door, looked back to see them staring at her and repeated Meera's words. "What? Get it over with." She smiled suggestively and pointed at their bodies under the blanket.