124. I Just Don't Start

"Why only her?" Vanessa asked the doctor. "I'm sure others must've also had what she did. If they weren't affected, why was she?"

The doctor smiled. "Everyone's body is different-"

"Don't give me that bullsh*t."

"Sorry?"

"You heard me."

The doctor looked around uncomfortably.

Just then Cedric entered the room. "They're calling you upstairs."

"For what?" Vanessa asked without looking at him.

"They cleared a store room so you could film an apology video for being absent at the Christmas broadcast."

"I think you should get it done fast so the hospital can restore its room back into its function."

"I'm sure you think so, doctor." Vanessa smiled. "I'll see you later."

She followed Cedric upstairs and finished her work.

Audrey woke up soon and her first question was about the Christmas broadcast shooting they were supposed to do today.

"It's cancelled." Jeff answered after explaining her what was happening. "If we can't shoot today, we can't telecast in three days."

"Vaness-"

"She's busy. She'll come see you tomorrow."

"Is she not here?" Audrey weakly asked.

"She is. She has to leave as soon as her work is done."

"We were hoping you would wake up before work calls her." The nurse added.

"Do you want me to call her for a few minutes?" Jeff asked, to which Audrey shook her head.

****

Vanessa arrived alone at a photoshoot set.

People quickly rushed towards her to get her ready.

She wordlessly did what she was told.

As the shoot came to an end, a staff asked her to go back in her van and stay there.

"Someone seemed to have leaked your location and there's a crowd gathered outside. It's dangerous for you to leave now."

"Where's Jeff?" She asked.

"He's gone to coordinate with the police. They're making an escape route for you."

Vanessa sighed and followed the guy while removing her earrings. She could see people filming her in the distance and the screams got louder for the five seconds that she visible to the crowd.

Once inside, she went through the final shots.