68. My First Friend

Five and a half years ago

The Unusual Rise Of XI.

When people began witnessing a seven membered group in quite impressive flash mobs last year, they probably didn't think much of it. Most people thought it was an act of teenage rebellion and will end soon when they get caught.

At that time, there were seven kids most likely smirking at how wrong everyone was.

XI (formed of RL, SM, JF, VJ, KH, and MR, which are of course their stage names), has been skyrocketing the popularity charts.

Nobody seems to know anything about them other than what they allow us to know. So far: they are Daredevils, they can dance, rap, and sing their own music which they sell online to earn their livelihood, their faces (that are quite handsome), and that's about it.

They are performing around the world and the excitement of their sudden appearance at anytime anywhere makes them a hot topic.

They always give a jaw dropping performance, leaving people awestruck by their precise planning, genius creativity and maddening talent.

The police may not appreciate it and while many call them dangerous men living in the veil of the crime world, it still hasn't been established who these people are.

They aren't always in group; more often than not, they choose to perform in sub units. Their latest appearance was three days ago on August 23rd in Sydney, Australia at nine in the morning on one of the busiest streets of the city. The performance was done by two of the rappers: RL and SM, and 2 of the vocals: VJ and KH.

Meanwhile, as it went down in Sydney, it was reported that another member - MR - had gathered a crowd in Tokyo, Japan. His song climbed the charts rapidly in Japan after the gig.

The last member (JF) was MIA. Maybe preparing for his own show.

Police says they must be getting outside help as it is impossible to trick the cops of every place they've preformed because every country has a different protocol and they manage to break it everytime.

If caught, they'll be charged with multiple violations. Though they've never physically assaulted someone, what they are doing is deemed illegal almost everywhere.

You can find many compilations of their gigs on the link above, which have been taken by onlookers.

We'll keep you updated on the mysterious music group's risky journey, which up till now has brought them only success.

What's left to see is if they ever fail, how will it be? Why did they choose this? And most importantly, who are they?

****

Present day

Audrey sat in the dark, staring at her phone screen. It frequently buzzed and she jumped to a message from Liam but it was just another mention or messages from others.

She sighed. "That is exactly why I didn't date him. I can't lose sleep over a man."

The minutes ticked by and she stayed still. Her phone was the only source of illumination.