117. Blood Family

Fietfall, Korland

4:38 AM

"Thank you." Vanessa said to the man holding the door open for her as she climbed inside the car.

"Slept?" Jeff asked from the front seat.

Vanessa shook her head and lied down with her eyes closed.

"Audrey's in the car behind us."

"Hm."

The cars left from the airport and thirty minutes later, arrived at the bus stop that was reserved.

All the staff gathered to load luggage in the buses as Audrey and Vanessa got a little sleep in the bus.

An hour later, Jeff woke up Audrey.

"Mason's here to get you. Wake up."

Audrey hurriedly took her handbag and got down. "I'll be near a place we call Woods. Ask V, she'll know."

Mason was waiting for her while leaning against his car. He smiled when he saw her.

"You look charming." He laughed sarcastically.

"I have had little to no sleep. Don't even."

"If you didn't notice, even I'm awake at this ungodly hour for your sake."

"I gave you an extended two hours!"

He pulled her by the shoulders and opened the door. "Let's go."

Vanessa reached Green Cally via bus and Audrey with Mason in his car.

The latter took a detour on the way for an hour, so Vanessa arrived at the set early.

Both the girls looked at their hometown in awe, having missed the place and its smell so dearly.

"Being loved by millions must be different." Mason said as he pointed to an advertisement starring the girls at the highest spot of the city.

Audrey stared at it. "It is.. it's bittersweet. Tragic and.. something.."

He nodded in understanding.

"God, it's like I can't get anywhere without seeing your face."

"What?"

"I meant the posters." He clarified. "There's another there."

She laughed. "Marketing?"

****

Vanessa was taken directly to work after landing in the city. While Audrey was yet to arrive, she completed a few assignments she had from the online music courses she was enrolled in.

"Don't you have to get ready for the event?" Her assistant asked as she brought her breakfast.

"Wendy's!" Vanessa exclaimed. "Oh my God, how'd you know it's my favorite!"

Her assistant laughed. "Asked your mother."

"There's no better pancakes anywhere in the world than Wendy's and trust me, I've tried a lot."

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

"Here. Taste it."

"No, you like it too much to share-"

Vanessa stuffed the pancake in her assistant's mouth. "Eat. I bet you've not had anything either."

They ended up sharing breakfast.

Audrey arrived a while later and Mason waited for the girls to get ready.

They once again sat in individual cars to get to the venue and Mason followed them in his own.