32. Summer With You

Days flew by quickly.

Isn't that always how it is? The best days are always fast to leave you.

After their official start in the industry and what seemed like an overnight success, Blue Hearts was in demand.

The girls gave radio interviews, talks and shoots. Life was giving them a high.

People were getting behind them and their bank balance? Well..

"Mom!" Jake shouted from the front door. "There's a parcel for you!"

Kristen walked out with a red apron wrapped around her waist.

"What parcel?"

Jake shrugged as she saw a young man holding a medium sized box in his hands and a polite smile on his face.

"Good afternoon." He greeted.

"Good afternoon. Whose is it?"

"Kristen Middleton."

Jake spoke up, "as I said, it's for you."

"Well, um, thank you." She took the box, signed in front of her name on a list and closed the door.

"Who sent it?" Jake asked.

Kristen read the slip attached to it and smiled. "Your sisters."

"Audrey and V?"

"Yes."

"Open it!"

"Bring me a pair of scissors."

"Oh, mom." He rolled his eyes and started tearing the tape off the box.

"Jake! That's not a way to-"

"Who cares? It's fine."

"But you might break whatever's inside it!"

"I won't, I'm being careful."

He carelessly ripped through the cardboard and only after was the box in small pieces that he got his hands on a plastic wrapper. He pulled it out to reveal a gorgeous shade of matte brown.

"A handbag." He stated plainly.

Kristen's gray eyes immediately widened and her breath got stuck. "This.. this is the.."

"It's obviously just for you."

"Vanessa remembered.."

"Remembered what?"

Kristen lovingly held the Louis Vuitton bag in her hands. "I told her a long time ago that I wanted this. I didn't think she paid mind to it."

"Oh.."

"That's so sweet of them." She broke out into a huge smile. "I have to call them and let them know them that I love it!"

She ran inside like a happy child and Jake sighed. "Paused my game for nothing."

....

Audrey walked into a salon and went straight in deeper with a smile on her lips.

"Mom called, she loved it."

Vanessa moved her eyes up and saw the reflection of her sister on the mirror in front of her.

Two women were holding sections of her blonde hair and applying a paste on it.

"That's good."

"Yep. I asked her to come here and see the shooting but she didn't sound convinced." Audrey said and sat down on a couch at the back.