135. On Our Own Now

"For what?"

"For helping me. I always make my problems overshadow yours. I know you must suffer as much as me, yet you keep it in. I'm sorry for being the weaker sister and causing your more trouble."

"You've been saying such things a lot these days. Why would you feel like that? Wouldn't you do the same for me?"

"I just realized recently." She said, remembering Cedric's words from Audrey's edited out interview. "Anyway, from now on, we'll separate time for your problems. Okay?"

"Okay." Audrey laughed.

"Let's start."

"Right now?"

Vanessa nodded. "I heard you fought with Mason."

Audrey rolled her eyes. "It was just our regular bickering."

"He's not taking your calls."

"Jeff really can't shut up."

"Should I talk to him? He's the only good friend you have."

"No. We'll be okay, don't bother. And isn't like I've never lost a friend that I'm heartbroken. We both have lost lots of people, celebrities and others."

"Yes, just know that if it can be sorted out, sort it out."

"Forget about me. You're feeling okay, right? Do you need sleeping pills?"

Vanessa gave her a blank stare. "I just told you to stop worrying after me and you're doing this again."

Audrey laughed and then playfully gasped. "Goodness, I think you're right! I should just stop thinking about you and focus on me!"

****

Kylie and Audrey were having dinner together at the former's place. Krystal, Kylie's assistant and housemate, was in the kitchen when Kylie brought up the news of Vanessa's pregnancy leaking to the public.

"Haven't you tried to find out how word got out?"

"I mean, I think it must've been some employee. We will see if we find out who after everything is done."

"I don't mean to pry but what if it's someone closer to you?"

"You know something?"

"Of course not, or I'd tell you. It's just," Kylie looked back at her kitchen area and then lowered her voice, "a manager is someone who knows your dirtiest secrets whether or not you like. Even I stay careful of Krystal."

"You're young, easily manipulatable. That's why you need to stay careful."

"Well, you still won't know if Jeff started working for someone else by selling your information."

"I know him, he won't."

"He's even involved in our family matters. People would pay him so money to get things out. Who knows if he can swayed with it?"

Audrey smiled. "You're.. trying to tell me to stay careful? I'm moved."

"I always tell you to." Kylie shrugged.

"Gosh, a thirteen years old's words can't break my trust on him. I'll have to see for myself before I doubt him."

"You know blind faith never helps."

The next day, Audrey left Kylie's house to meet Vanessa directly at the airport.

They took private routes and without too many staff members, they weren't noticed.

Their flight departed and Vanessa chose to sleep through. Audrey received messages from Albert asking them to reconsider but she ignored him.

In the early morning hours, they headed to the hospital's gynaecologist.