100. Milestone

To Jace,

You'd already have guessed by the handwriting that it's Vincent. I know what you're thinking, why is he writing me a letter on my birthday. That's so cringe worthy.

But hear me out. Since I can't get myself to say all this, you're gonna have to "read" me out.

You're turning 23 this year and 22 was what you describe as the worst age. Though I'd disagree. 15 was your worst age. The last year when you didn't have me and all those years of abuse had accumulated.

All six of us had a sh*tty time in life so far. But then it was great. Maybe I got used to it but it was great.

My life highlight used to be nothing but now I have exactly one: meeting my family, you guys.

I have no complains anymore, ever since you became my family. Nothing can change the facts of history so even when I'm not around anymore (we talk a lot about death, don't we? Maybe because we're always surrounded by it) , it'll still be true that I am thankful for having each one of you to save me and give me a new life, a much lively and dangerous one.

Let's have some more years together if we're lucky enough to not die.

(I hope we are lucky enough.)

See? I don't want to die anymore. Isn't that a miracle?

We really put goals in friendship with every day that we make it out alive after what we do.

While you had been reading this, Sandy and Kane were making your birthday cake in the kitchen. If Sandy was successful in not letting Kane mess up (he's such a child, isn't he? A bada** child?), then you should go to the kitchen now.

We're all waiting for you.

Hurry up and run to us!

Love,
Your closest sibling.

Vanessa started reading that letter more and more often everyday. Out of all the entries, that letter hurt her the most.

Reading what they truly were like, how she misunderstood them because she was lied to, how unfair things had been to them, and the guilt that she unknowingly had a part in it.

She cried every time she read that letter.

She wanted to apologise for the injustice but there was no one she could apologise to.

Not anymore.

Her every meeting with them was fixed in her memory. Their every word. They never purposely wanted to harm her.

When she met Jace near her house, when he first spoke to her.

She wiped her tears and placed the letter back in the book.

"My boyfriend is a dark person." She whispered to herself.

Am I thinking too much? On the day that they died, what was it that they wanted my help with? I never can know. Why am I doubting Cedric for trying to hide what they wanted to tell me? Why would he do that?

At the same hand, it does make sense in accordance to what the guard told me. If so, Cedric is dangerous.

When the plate fell, when Cedric was hit, why wasn't any of the hotel staff around? How did the police arrive at the exact time that Cedric wanted. Seems like a plan to get the boys killed.

Was I a bait that Cedric used?

"No." She chuckled and spoke out loud. "That's too crazy, I'm definitely over thinking-"