116. Lioness Of The Jungle

Vanessa woke up to the sound of people talking in their living room.

She recognized one as Jeff's voice and therefore didn't panic.

"Are there more?" Jeff asked.

She couldn't hear the answer and stepped out to see what was going on.

"What's all this?" She looked at the bouquets and packages being brought inside by workers while tying her hair in a bun.

"You're up? These are the gifts companies sent you on New year. They were lying around in the office and William asked them to be shifted here."

"Is that Versace?"

"Yes. Many brands send such gifts as a token of good faith."

"I know but it's not even our birthday. Do you know how hard it is to get good pictures with every single gift and then thank them on social media?"

"Oh, I got expensive gifts." Jeff mocked her. "Life is so hard. Poor me."

Vanessa laughed as she shook her head.

"Wake Audrey up. I'll take you till your set."

"Yeah, hang on, I'll order something-"

"I'm making it, don't worry about it. Just get ready."

"Okay."

After inspecting their fridge for ingredients that could be used for a decent breakfast for three, Jeff sighed.

"At least stock your fridge!" He yelled. "I'm taking charge of your fridge from now."

****

"So it's temporary?" A stylist asked.

"Yep. I got it redone." Vanessa answered while looking at her tattoo.

Her skin tight, light coloured outfit showed her XII tattoo.

A blonde haired woman who looked to be in her late thirties stepped inside the small waiting room.

"Excuse me," she said as she made her way in through the staff, "sorry."

"Oh!" Vanessa tried to stand up. "Mrs Baker, I didn't know you were here."

"Sit, sit, my child." The lady smiled. "I'm stopping by briefly to check up on everything. I also wanted to thank you-"

"There's no need. We're honoured to be able to get to work with you while doing our part towards the society."

"I've worked with many celebrities before but none of them took personal steps to fit into what my organization actually stands for." She said. "All they do is what they're paid to do."

Vanessa smiled.

"It's refreshing to see this young generation willing to change." Mrs Baker added. "I really couldn't have asked for better ambassadors. You just considering veganism was one thing but actually turning will inspire thousands to follow. You're using your influence in the right direction."

"Ah, thank you so much, Mrs Baker." Vanessa chuckled. "So many compliments coming from you."

"You deserve them all. One of the brightest stars in the world, you are. I'll always keep my eyes on you to see you succeed and achieve more."

"I hope we do your faith justice."

"You will. Alright, I should probably leave. Bring out the lioness in you today." She patted her shoulder. "

****

As Vanessa did her shoot lying down on a white background, Audrey watched from behind the camera.