Hunting

The wind tugged at Gidget's fur as she breathed in the fresh air. Closing her eyes, the Pomeranian let out a small sigh of delight. This is quite something... she thought to herself. Just then, her thoughts were interrupted as a voice remarked, "Enjoying ourselves, are we?" Opening her eyes, Gidget glanced down at Tiberius. He was looking over his shoulder at her, a teasing look glistening in his light brown eyes. "A little hard not to enjoy this, am I right?" she retorted in a kind tone. Chuckling to himself, Tiberius dived down towards Central Park.

Alighting on the ground, the two friends observed their surroundings. Gidget had just sniffed the air when Tiberius whispered, "Over here!" Padding over, the Pomeranian saw what caught the hawk's eye. In a small clearing was a plump gray squirrel. Flicking her right ear, Gidget signaled to Tiberius to head off towards the right. Once the hawk took up his position, the Pomeranian began creeping up on the squirrel.

Everything was going smoothly to plan until a loud snap echoed above Gidget's head, followed by a squeal of alarm. The Pomeranian luckily jumped out of the way just as a branch and a crow crashed onto the ground...