Hiding From the Heat

"You coming Nitro?" Pepper called over her shoulder. Smiling at his girlfriend, Nitro replied, "In a moment!" Purring, the black cat watched the gray and white tabby pad off towards the water just as Ozone plopped himself beside him. "Dude, how is it that you have the charm but I don't?!" the hairless cat grumbled. Flicking his ear, Nitro answered, "Probably because you always cause the girls to find a certain flaw." Ozone glared at his friend as he went after Pepper...

"So Norman, you want to-" Tiberius began speaking only to discover that the young guinea pig had disappeared. Whirling around, the hawk found his friend talking to Lisa. Sighing, the old hawk was about to walk away when a familiar voice piped up, "We could do something together!" Smiling, he turned around to find Angel right behind him. Clearing his throat, he suggested, "I was thinking that we could explore this place." Nodding her head, Angel exclaimed, "Let's go!" Chuckling to himself, the old hawk followed the crow...

"I never knew there were so many animals in the city..." Duke remarked, finally finding Sky. Grinning, Sky murmured an agreement. Sighing, she rested her head against his shoulder. Nearby, Duke could see Max and Gidget watching in anticipation. He silently gave them a look that sent the two running. Reassured, Duke shuffled his paw as he mumbled, "Sky, would you go on... on a..." The husky waited patiently as Duke finally blurted out, "Would you go on a date with me?" Yipping in excitement, Sky pinned down Duke and licked his face vigorously. "I'm assuming that was a yes," Snowball whispered to Max and Gidget as they watched quietly from a distance...