Chest Pains

"Buddy, are you sure you're alright?" Mel asked his best friend later that morning during a dog walk. "I'm... fine Mel. Don't... worry about... me..." Buddy wheezed in reply. Just then, Duke joined their conversation as he pointed out, "Dude, we've only walked three whole blocks and you're panting before Pepe!"

Huffing, Buddy glared at the two dogs. "I'm fine!" he insisted. Suddenly, he began wheezing again. Duke also took notice that the dachshund's small chest appeared to tighten up. It was as if his chest was causing the dachshund severe pain. I'll ask Pops later... Duke told himself.

FOUR HOURS LATER...

"If I'm getting this straight, Weiner Dog is having problems breathing?" Pops asked, squinting at Duke questionably. The giant mutt nodded his head. Sighing, the basset hound suddenly shouted, "MYRON, FOREHEAD!" A moment later, the hamster with a scowl on his face as he began rubbing the dog's forehead.

Closing his eyes briefly, Pops took a deep breath and murmured, "I don't know what to tell you Fat Dog. If Weiner Dog is experiencing chest pains, then he's going to deal with it for a while. There's no fixing it. As far as I know, he might deal with chest pains for the rest of his life..."