The Big Surprise

"Oh my god!" Gidget cried, tossing the frying pan away as the head peaked out once more. "What was that for?" Tiberius murmured, rubbing his forehead where she had hit him. "Uh... accident?" Gidget replied, laughing nervously. Just then, Angel came up as she mumbled, "I think I swallowed one!" Confused, Mel glanced over at Buddy and Sweetpea, who also had no clue what was going on. "Wait, I thought you went south!" Snowball cried.

Clambering out of the box, Tiberius explained, "We did. But then we decided to come back." Scratching her head, Gidget asked, "Why?" The old hawk was about to answer but a furry comet crashed into him as Norman gave his best friend a giant hug. Angel replied instead, "One, we both grew homesick. Two, I never celebrated Christmas in New York City before. Three, we missed you guys. And four, there are so many reptiles in Florida that it's not even funny." Looking up, Tiberius added, "I almost got eaten by an alligator!"

"I'm still confused. Pepe, did you know about this?" Duke asked. Nodding his head, Pepe presented a letter while Tiberius explained, "In late November, we decided to come back. We realized that we would return by the time Christmas was coming around so we wanted it to be a surprise. We mailed a letter to Pepe what we were doing." The chihuahua merely waved a paw. Quietly, Angel piped up, "Myron was also in on it. While everyone was admiring the presents, that's when Pepe and Myron helped us into the box." Shocked, Pops looked down at Myron.

Clearing his throat, Snowball spoke up, "Well, welcome back you two. It wasn't the same without you." Raising her paw, Chloe asked, "Is it time to eat now?" Sighing, Snowball nodded his head, allowing everyone to head for the table. Tiberius was about to follow when something grabbed his foot. Smiling, he gazed down fondly at Norman. "I missed you crazy bird," the guinea pig whispered softly. Nuzzling his friend, the old hawk whispered back, "I missed you too little guy."