Never Alone

"Are you sure about this?" Angel whispered, trembling with fear. "I've never been more positive in my life than today," Tiberius replied just as the window opened and his owner stuck his head out. "Tiberius! I was so worried," Alfred exclaimed, scooping the hawk up. Gazing at his owner in the eye, the old hawk motioned to where Angel was hiding in the shadows. Still shaking, the younger hawk crept out.

Gently placing Tiberius on the windowsill, Alfred whispered softly, "Aren't you just a little angel..." A smile spread across his face as he reached out to stroke Angel. All the while, the old hawk kept a close eye. "Let's get you and your friend inside, alright Tiberius?" the old man murmured. Pleased, Tiberius let out a small screech. Moving aside, his owner allowed both of the hawks to come inside the apartment.

Moments later, Alfred turned off the light in the bedroom as he mumbled, "Sleep well you two." Sighing happily, Tiberius felt Angel rest her head against his shoulder. "Good night Tiberius," she whispered sleepily. Smiling at her, the old hawk spoke softly, "Sweet dreams Angel." Laying his head down on the bed, he closed his light brown eyes and fell asleep.

And probably for the first time in several years, Tiberius slept peacefully without being disturbed by a single nightmare...