The Warehouse

Rounding the corner, Ozone and Nitro found themselves at the entrance of a large warehouse, abandoned many decades earlier. The old wooden door was open, swinging slightly in the wind. Snarling, Ozone took a step forward just as Nitro grabbed his hairless tail. "Ozone, what if it's a trap?" Nitro whined. Flicking his ear, Ozone pulled his tail free.

"Nitro has a point," Snowball called as he joined the felines. Seconds later, twelve other animals arrived. Looking over at the warehouse, Duke shuddered as he remarked, "That could fall down at any moment." Whimpering, Pepe hid behind Leonard while Mel and Buddy hugged each other for dear life. Sweetpea quivered with fear on top of Mel's head.

"Of all the places Ranger could pick, he decides to hide in one older than me," Pops grumbled, shaking his head in disbelief. He gently placed his paw on Chloe's, as if to protect her. Pulling her paw away, Chloe hissed in his face. "Norman, stay behind me," Tiberius whispered, standing in front of his little friend. "Do we really have to follow him in there?" Duke whined, his legs shaking.

Taking a deep breath, Snowball mumbled, "If we want this war to end, then yes." The white rabbit slowly crept towards the door. Touching it, he looked back at the others warily before entering the old warehouse. "We're really doing this?!" Duke exclaimed in a high pitched voice. Gazing into each other's eyes, Max and Gidget followed Snowball. Eventually, the others swallowed their fear and hurried after them...