A Mysterious Gift

Soon enough, everyone was gathered around the present. "Pepe, did you get something for Duke? It's awfully large," Buddy commented, sniffing the present's red wrapping paper. However, Pepe shook his head. Puzzled, Chloe questioned the chihuahua, "Then who's it from and who's it for?!" Just then, Sweetpea let out a small chirp to get their attention. Perched on the edge of the box, the parakeet motioned towards a small tag.

"Geez, did anyone here bother to look for a tag before Sweetpea pointed it out to us?!" Duke asked as he went over to Sweetpea. Squinting his eyes, he examined the tag and sighed. Whatever he had read caused his tail to stop wagging. "Well?!" Chloe demanded. Glancing back at the others, Duke murmured, "It's for all of us... from Tiberius and Angel." Silence fell over the group until Pops broke it and asked, "How in the world were they able to send this from Florida?" Sweetpea slapped himself in the face.

"Well, let's see what he brought for us," Gidget mumbled. Slowly, everyone began ripping off the wrapping paper. "Guys, I think Sweetpea got covered in tape!" Mel cried while Max and Buddy helped the parakeet. Leonard teasingly placed the bow on Ozone's head, causing Nitro and Tattoo to burst out laughing. Pepe and Myron watched from the couch while Peanut filmed the entire thing. At last, the wrapping paper revealed a cardboard box with holes and writing on it.

Confused, Ozone muttered, "He got us a box with holes?!" Tail wagging, Duke murmured, "I love cardboard boxes..." Ozone rolled his eyes at the large dog. "Hey guys, I think it has something written in Italian!" Mel exclaimed, examining the writing. Meanwhile, Snowball and Tattoo were shaking one corner of the box. Coming up beside his friend, Buddy asked, "How do you know that's Italian?" Looking at the writing, Norman piped up, "That's not Italian, it's just the word 'fragile', so we don't break what's inside." Glaring at Snowball and Tattoo, Max grumbled, "Which means we stop shaking the box!"

Once Snowball and Tattoo gently placed the box down, Gidget and Chloe hopped up on top. "Alright, let's get this thing open..." Chloe mumbled under her breath as she and Gidget slowly opened it to find styrofoam peanuts. "What in the world..." Duke murmured, peering inside. Just then, some of them moved. "Max, get me a wooden spoon," Gidget whispered. However, Snowball beat the dog and gave her a small frying pan. Before Gidget could say anything, however, she found herself using it when a familiar head peaked out...