Acceptance

Blinking her eyes open sleepily, Chloe discovered that she was no longer in her own apartment. Slightly terrified, she soon realized that she was in another's. An apartment she hadn't been inside ever since she was a young kitten. Sighing, Chloe mumbled, "I know you're here." A small chuckle came from behind the tabby cat as a raspy voice responded, "Are you sure you're not a bloodhound?"

Smiling, Chloe turned around to find an elderly bloodhound behind her. He only had half of his right front leg. But that didn't seem to bother him as he smiled back. "I missed you Old Roger," Chloe murmured, holding back tears. Hobbling forward, Roger gave Chloe a warm hug, in which she returned. "You grown so big since we last talked... and I don't mean fat!" he added the last part after he received a look from the tabby.

Biting her lip, Chloe asked quietly, "Is it true you were with... you know..." She didn't bring herself to finish the question. Lowering his head to meet her gaze, Roger answered truthfully, "Yes. But I decided that I had enough with them and to become a pet... where I met you." His words somehow made Chloe smile. Licking her forehead, the bloodhound turned to leave. Ignoring the sting of tears in her eyes, Chloe turned to leave as well...