Hostages

"You filthy piece of trash!" Sky shouted. Gidget sadly glanced over at the frustrated Siberian husky as she spat fire at Danger. All the while, a white Great Dane mix and the German shepherd chained the pair to a wall. Danger paced in front of them as he sneered, "That's not the first time someone's called me that. The first person was my own father. He didn't live very long after that insult." The pit bull laughed menacingly.

Just then, the white greyhound burst through the camper's front door. "Well, did you do it Ghost?" Danger addressed the greyhound. The dog, presumably Ghost, replied, "I left the note like you told me sir!" Pleased, Danger dismissed the greyhound. Briskly saluting, Ghost left the camper. His metal hind leg caused him to limp.

"Remember the deal Danger," the black Labrador growled. Danger rolled his eye as the Labrador continued his lecture, "I helped you capture Rex all those years ago. And now I'm helping you again. You better have what you promised us." Danger's snarl made the Labrador cower in fear as the pit bull snapped, "Lester, as soon as this is over, you'll have a buffet of Flushed Pets and Alley Cats, with a side of domestics. Now get out of my sight!" Shaking, Lester bolted out the door.

"You made a deal with cannibals! You make me sick, you murdering devil!" Gidget barked, speaking for the first time since they got there. Leaning in close, Danger growled softly, "I'm not a devil, I'm just an opportunist." Walking away, he added over his shoulder, "And thank you for the new leg!"