Unexpected Encounter

Feeling the wind in his face, Tiberius let out a small sigh. It had been two and a half weeks since Snowball had warned everyone about Danger and his gang. The old hawk had lost count of the days since he last spent time with Norman. The young guinea pig was around his girlfriend Lisa often. The hawk let out another sigh.

"Isn't this view amazing?" a voice suddenly interrupted Tiberius from his thoughts. Startled, the old hawk peered over his shoulder to discover that it was Angel. The crow was flying just a few inches behind him. Tilting her head slightly, Angel asked quietly, "Hey, is there something wrong?" Coughing to clear his throat, the hawk replied, "No, I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." The crow looked like she was going to say something else. But nothing came forth. A dead silence joined the two birds as they flew over the city.

Suddenly, Angel's eyes lit up as she suggested, "You want to have a race?" Chuckling slightly, Tiberius teased, "You're going to eat my dust..." Suddenly, a flash of black streaked past the old hawk as Angel got a head start. Surprised, Tiberius increased his speed as he thought to himself, Never seen crows move that fast...

At last, the old hawk caught up with the crow. Flying above her, Tiberius noticed that Angel also didn't fly like a crow. For instance, she was soaring on the wind, something crows struggle to accomplish. Shrugging his shoulders, Tiberius focused on trying to beat the crow.

After flying around for several hours, the birds alighted onto a nearby building. Panting, the pair looked at each other. "That was fun," Angel remarked, adding, "You're fast for a bird your age." Chuckling, Tiberius retorted teasingly, "Yeah, I think you made me strain my wing!" He comically dragged his wing on the ground. Laughing, Angel turned to leave. "I'll see you later?" she asked, peering over her shoulder. "Tomorrow?" Tiberius suggested. Nodding her head, the crow left. Sighing, the old hawk set off for home.