Gift From the Heavens

The sun peeked out from among the dark gray clouds while the rain slowed down to a light drizzle. But the thing that sparked the most interest were three rainbows over the city. The two hawks stared at the vibrant colors. "Did... did you know this was going to happen?" Angel asked, turning around. A sly smile spread across Tiberius's face as he shook his head. Stepping forward to stand beside her, he spoke softly, "But don't you see? Even the fiercest rainstorm has a hidden inner beauty."

Lowering her head, Angel mumbled sadly, "Unless that storm is always looked upon with fear." Shoulders shaking slightly, she avoided eye contact. What would Gidget do? Tiberius asked himself, scuffing his foot. He glanced over at Angel, noticing that her golden eyes were brimming with tears. Sighing, the old hawk mumbled, "You know, people only fear you because you let them." Angel lifted her head slowly as Tiberius continued, "But if you let them see the qualities that I see before me, they'll see the real you." Glancing down at her feet, the younger hawk whispered, "What do I do now?"

"That is a question that I can not answer for you," Tiberius replied softly. With that, he gently nuzzled the damaged side of Angel's face. "You must decide for yourself," the old hawk whispered. Gazing at her with kind eyes, he turned away and headed back towards the city. Speechless, Angel looked at her mask...