Sonya

"The best place to start is where it all began," Mel called over his shoulder as he padded along the sidewalk. Glancing up at the little parakeet riding on his head, Buddy muttered to Sweetpea, "Please tell me you think this guy is crazy too." Without hesitation, Sweetpea nodded his head in agreement.

Sniffing the air, Mel rounded the corner to arrive in an alley behind the pet store he and Buddy were at as puppies. The pug dashed around, searching every nook and cranny. Buddy and Sweetpea, meanwhile, watched at the entrance. After about five or six minutes, the dachshund huffed with impatience and grumbled, "Mel, why are we even here?! No one even lives here, let alone your family!"

"Excuse me, I live here!" a female voice called out. The three friends jumped in fear as a young pug stepped out from behind a pile of trash bags. Catching her scent, Mel thought that he had seen her before, but he couldn't remember where or when. Looking from Mel to the female pug, Sweetpea noticed how they looked almost identical. Buddy, however, felt like his breath had been stolen. He couldn't help himself as he asked in a shaky voice, "Uh, what is your name?" Mel and Sweetpea glanced at the dachshund in confusion.

"Sonya. Now get out of my alley!" the pug barked, charging at the trio. Frightened, the three fled for their lives.