Chapter 1

**Jess POV**

I pull my jacket closer into me as I walk home the snow falling down onto my skin. I continue to walk down the streets of New York taking in my surroundings. I finally reach home and collapse onto the sofa working a 12 hour shift is the worst.

All of a sudden I hear footsteps running down the stairs. Great no peace and quiet for me anytime soon.

"Your home! Did you bring us food," I point to the counter and the animals run to it.

I stand up and walk over taking a bite of the food in front of me.

"How was work," Ab asks.

"Tiring like always," They both nod.

I live with my two best friends, Abigail and Gem. Abi is my half sister we have different dads which to her is great since my dad is a total prick. Gem was our next door neighbour since we was about 2 our mothers have always been friends which made us become friends. There's nothing I wouldn't do for them.

I currently manage a bar and Abigail and Gem are in college. I never had time to go to college since my mother died when I was 15 and I had to look after Ab and try to give her the best life that I could. Which seems like it's working out. As soon as our mother died I got a job and worked my ass off providing for the two of us. Ab was only 10 at the time so there was nothing she could really do apart from cooperate.

Now 10 years on she graduated high school and is currently in college studying veterinary nursing and as a side job she does acting at Broadway so I guess I did a good job.