Loki - Pang in the chest

Hi!

This oneshot was requested by @AsimpForTomHiddle

I hope this is what you imagined. I really did my best.

Enjoy reading!

Xx

You were preparing to go on a mission with all of the Avengers, including Loki and Thor.

You were dreading it. Don't get me wrong, you loved your job as an Avenger, but your coworkers just didn't like you.

And you had a major crush on Loki that you had to hide from them as well, and the fact that he was your partner for this mission didn't do you any good.

It did you wonders. Your stomach fluttered when he looked at you, giving you a faint smile as he closed the straps of armor around his wrists.

You felt butterflies in your stomach.

'Watch it, toddler,' Tony sneered as he pushed you out of his way. You were the smallest of the Avengers and he always poked fun about it. You frowned, but continued putting on your combat boots and battle suit - just like Natasha's.

Occasionally steeling glances at the God of Mischief.

'In the elevator,' Bucky told you as he grabbed you by your collar and dragged you towards the elevator.

'Thank you very much, I can walk,' you said to him, shaking yourself free.

'Leave her alone,' Natasha barked at the boys.

'Must she go with us?' Thor boomed while slapping his arms across his chest.

'She's the strongest Avenger. Admit it or not, it's a fact and we cannot go without her,' Walda defended you.

'But -,' Thor sputtered. 'I'm the strongest Avenger...' Natasha huffed.

Thor glared at you and bumped his shoulder against you, which caused you to bounce back.

'Not so strong without your powers, huh?' he snapped. You sighed and stepped into the elevator, standing next to Loki.

Your cheeks turned a crimson red as your fingers brushed.

Your breath caught and your chest heaved as you desperately tried to hide your feelings from him.

The way to the mission you spend quiet, because Bucky had snapped at you and you had to hide the hurt expression on your face, so it was easier to keep a low profile.

You were breathing heavily and were relieved when you were on the battlefield so there was some distance between the Avengers and you.

Loki nudged your shoulder and you smiled up at him.

'Ready, partner?' he said with a grin. All you could manage was a dull nod. 'Come on.'

You followed him and drew your dagger.

'Okay,' you muttered to yourself as the others went to seek for the criminal from different angles. Loki had started to wander in the crowded street and kept his eyes open.

But yours focused on his lean body - and how it moved passed the people to reach his destination.

You were ripped out of your daydream when you heard a gunshot. You gasped as the people started to panic.

'Keep them safe!' Loki screamed over his shoulder as you led the people away from the scene.

'Everyone! That way!' you yelled, pointing at the opposite direction. The people started to run and more gunshots followed, plus Natasha that jumped from one roof to another.