Loki - Hitchhiking

You were hitchhiking your way through Europe. At the moment, you were in France, with your backpack and firm walking shoes with cotton socks.

You had walked trough a large meadow and now finally saw a road. Your feet were a bit sore from walking that long and you desperately wanted a ride.

You saw no one for three hours straight. So you decided to walk wherever the road led. You loved surprises.

A car approached you and you turned around to lift your thumb in the air. An old man sat in the car and didn't stop.

'Aw come on...' you whined. You turned around again and started walking again. You watched the car ride away until he passed the horizon and was out of sight. You walked for hours and the road never seemed to end.

You decided you needed a place to stay for the night and put out your tent from your large backpack.

Once that all happened, you went inside your tent to sleep. You had some leftovers from the evening before and ate that before going of to bed, or in your case the mattress.

It must've been around one in the morning that a soft mumbling woke you up. A light shone through the opening of your tent. You have your eyes some time to adjust to the bright light.

'Hello?' you called out.

'Yeah? Hey!' a male voice called before the opening of the tent opened a little and a handsome head popped in. You smiled sleepily.

'Hey,' you said with a hoarse voice. He smiled, but then turned serious.

'I'm in trouble,' he said. You were getting worried.

'What's wrong? Can I help?' you offered. He nodded.

'My car broke down and S.H.I.E.L.D is looking for me... I-I escaped. Please don't turn me in,' the man begged. You nodded slowly, not sure what to do. What if he was a killer? You were there all alone.

'Sure. I'll take a look at that car,' you said while you lay down again.

'Well?' he asked, hopeful. You looked confused.

'What?'

'Will you take a look?' the man asked. Just now, your brain decided to check him out. He had raven black hair and green eyes. And that jawline... you could probably cut diamonds with it. You prevented yourself from drooling and lay your head down on the pillow.

'Yeah, tomorrow,' you mumbled before closing your eyes. 'Put the lights of the car out and take a nap. You look stressed.' He did as you told him. He put out the lights of the car and stood by the opening of the tent, looking at you. You stared back at him and patted the spot beside you. He smiled and crawled into the tent, laying down on his back next to you. At first it was a little awkward, but after awhile, you both relaxed.

'Thank you,' he mumbled. You smiled and then fell asleep.

The next day, you woke up by the sound of light snoring and you caught yourself finding it quite adorable. Your legs were entangled with his. You blushed, but didn't struggle to get free though. You kind of liked it. A frown crept his way up to your face. You never asked for his name. A pair of beautiful eyes fluttered open to catch you staring. Oops. You smiled a toothy grin.

'Good morning, stranger,' you spoke.

'Good morning,' he replied with a smile. You both stared at each other and then Loki noticed your entangled legs. You blushed even more.

'Sorry,' you mumbled. He smiled.

'It's fine. I don't mind. What's your name?'

'Y/N, yours?' you asked.

'Loki. Loki, Laufeyson.' A smile tugged at his lips as he looked into your beautiful eyes. 'Nice to meet you, Y/N, would you want to take a look at my car?' You nodded and got up, not even feeling embarrassed. In your yellow pyjamas you tiptoed to the car.

After half an hour you decided the car was dead. You couldn't safe it anymore.

'Oh shit,' Loki cursed. You looked at him worried. 'What am I going to do now? We're in the middle of nowhere?' You shrugged.

'If you help me pack up the tent, I'll take a look at the map and find you a decent place to stay. We could walk of hitchhike there?' you proposed. He nodded. He helped you put the tent in the bag and you started to walk with the map in your head.

'So, where're we heading?' he questioned. You pointed at a map.

'This place here. They are a lot of nice people there. They will help you. I used to visit them with my mother all the time. I'm sure they appreciate it if I pay them a visit too,' you chuckled. He smiled down at you and you walked on for about hours.

You got along with him really well. He told you about S.H.I.E.L.D and how he got captured and escaped from them and the Avengers. You were shocked at first, but then understood his side of the story. You had a smile on your face the whole time.

You had reached the village by noon and you nodded for Loki to knock on the door, but he refused.

'Y/N?' he took a deep breath.

'Loki, what's wrong?' you asked. You put an arm around his waist and looked up in his eyes.

'I don't want to go.' He stared into your eyes and smiled weakly. 'Would you mind if I stay? With you? I grew rather fond of you,' he mumbled the last part. You smiled as he looked at his boots in embarrassment.

'I would love that. Maybe that's our fate.' He smiled and nodded. 'Then we continue to walk towards...?'

'Towards happiness,' Loki finished your sentence. You smiled and he took your hand as you walked away from the village into nature.

As the evening came closer, the mountains towered over you and you had an amazing view. A lake was in front of you and you decided you wanted to spend the night here. Loki helped you put the tent out and after that you both sat at the lake, with your bare feet in the water, which felt good after walking for so long. Loki slowly shifted slowly closer to you and put an arm around your waist.

'Why did you stay? Won't S.H.I.E.L.D find you?' you worried. He lay his head on top of yours and sighed.

'Why? I don't really know? I don't think S.H.I.E.L.D will find me. If we keep moving. I think I just stayed because I'm attracted to you, Y/N,' he spoke honestly. You had an enormous smile on your face. 'Maybe it was our fate,' he added. You turned your head and leaned in.

'Our fate,' you repeated. He leaned down a little as well, your lips just mere inches from yours. Your breathing already grew heavy from looking each other in the eyes. He eventually found the courage to press his lips on yours. Once you melted together, he put his arms around your waist and yours found their way to the nape of his neck. He smiled and pushed you down onto the grass, your feet still in the water. You giggled while he chuckled against your plump lips. He pulled away and studied your fave.

'I'm so glad I stayed,' he whispered before leaning down and kissed you again.