Loki - Stairs

You had a major crush on Loki Laufeyson since he stepped a foot in Stark Tower. You were Natasha's little sister and she was very protective over you, but you didn't mind that. You rather had an overprotective sister than someone who didn't care about you. You always tried to talk to Loki, he talked to everyone in the Tower, but he always seemed to ignore you. So you were sitting at the kitchen table, sipping your tea while Loki sat in front of you, reading his book.

'Loki?' you chirped. You heard him sigh, but you decided to ignore that. 'Do you want to do something together?' He looked up at you and cocked up and annoyed eyebrow.

'I am busy,' he sneered and went back to his book.

'We can go to the library together?' you suggested. Loki got up and walked out of the kitchen. You knitted your brows together and huffed at yourself. What were you doing wrong? You just wanted him to like you. Even just as a friend would be fine, but he seemed to hate you.

The next week, you tried again. Loki had been avoiding you. Even when the Avengers and him would sit at the table to have dinner, he would ignore you. Like you were nothing more than a bit of dust. You walked up to his room and knocked. You heard him stroll over to the door before he opened it.

'Look Thor I-' he began, but stopped as he spotted you. He rolled his eyes and shit the door in your face.

'Loki?' you squeaked. 'I... Can we...'

'Go away!' he yelled. You nodded and mumbled an apology.

A week later, you still had no progress. You saw Loki enter the gym and you went after him, a good ten minutes later before you walked in as well, to not make him suspicious. He was punching a punching bag. You went to sit on a bench and stared at him.

'What are you doing?' he snapped. You shrugged innocently.

'I just want to talk. You never talk to me and I don't know why you don't, but talking is the beginning of every great friendship. So... what's your favourite colour?' He hit the punching bag a little harder and it fell to the ground. You gulped, but kept staring at him.

'Green,' he said through gritted teeth. 'Are you leaving now?'

'What shade of green?' you questioned. He rolled his eyes and walked out of the gym. 'My favourite colour is green as well,' you tried, but he ignored you and disappeared. Your face fell, but you wouldn't give up that easily. There must be a way that he would start to like you, right?

That night, you spotted that Loki was sitting in front of the TV, watching a film. You smiled sheepishly to yourself and went to sit next to him.

'Hey,' you said calmly. His fist clenched as he tried desperately to keep his eyes locked with the TV screen. 'I... Are you busy now?' On that moment Natasha walked in and she saw you sitting next to him. You turned towards her and she gave you a thumbs up and an encouraging smile before she left the room. You grinned.

'I am busy,' Loki sneered.

'Can I join watching the film?' you wondered. He threw the remote control to you and got up from the couch.

'It's all yours,' he sighed and left. You stared at your lap and felt miserable. Why did he hate you so much? You were determined to ask him tomorrow.

You were sitting with your sister at the kitchen table, eating your breakfast.

'How are things with Loki? Does he talk to you yet?' Natasha asked you. You shook your head.

'No, he doesn't. I don't know what I am doing wrong, Nat. I just want him to like me,' you confessed.

'Why don't you just ask him why he is such a jerk towards you,' she suggested.