Royal dinner - Loki

Asgard

You were invited to the annual Royal Dinner and you thought is was an honor. Your mother told you Thor would be there. And you were excited because Thor was your crush. But you knew that was not going to happen because he had found Jane. But still, anything to spend time with him.

There you were... stepping foot in the huge golden castle. You were running a little late, as always. You stepped into the Throne room, greeting the Kind, Odin and his wonderful wife, Frigga. You quietly sat at the end of the table were you found your name tag. People were already sitting, ignoring you. You frowned as you spotted the seat in front of you.

'Hello, I am Y/N,' you introduced yourself to the women who sat beside you. She looked at you and rolled her eyes before talking to the person in front of her. You huffed and grabbed the fork that lay there, playing with it, poking it in your napkin.

The King and Queen headed to the table and sat down in the middle. Thor walked in with Jane and went sitting next to his parents. The seat in front of you was still empty, but that would soon be fixed.

A man with raven coloured hair walked through the double doors, his hair slicked back. He nodded lazily to the people who greeted him. You recognized him as Loki, The God of Mischief. He went sitting in front of you and he gave you a small smile, which you kindly returned.

Dinner was soon served. And to be honest... you were so bored. Your napkin had holes in it because you kept stabbing it. When it was more hole than napkin, Loki picked his napkin up and reached it over the table. You looked up and gave him a questioning look.

'Stab,' he said with a mischievous smirk. You snickered and took the napkin from him.

'Thank you,' you said.

A maid placed a plate in front of you and you thanked her. Everyone was eating so you took a bite from your vegetables. But it was so hot! You whimpered and waved your hand before your mouth.

'Fuck,' you mumbled. Loki smirked and he took a vegetable. He didn't smirk long though. He, too, started waving his hand before his mouth. Your eyes met and you both started to laugh silently. You swallowed the food and you kept staring at each other. You both continued to blow your food because it just didn't seem to get cold.

'It's so hot,' Loki commented, pointing at the food. You nodded and you both laughed, Loki smirking.

'Loki?' Odin said from across the table. Loki looked up and laid eyes on his father. 'What's so funny? Mind to share with the whole table?' Loki frowned for a moment and you started to blush. But then Loki's face softened and he smiled at his father.

'Nothing father. Just something silly between me and...' He looked at you and cocked up an eyebrow. 'I haven't caught your name.'

'Y/N,' you spoke. All eyes were focused on you and it made you feel uncomfortable. You cleared your throat.

'Very well the,' Odin said. 'So Thor-' you stopped listening to them as you decided you had enough to eat. Both you and Loki took your glass of whatever was in there and took a sip. Your eyes closed tightly as you tried to swallow the awful liquid. You shivered.

'Oh, my, my, this is disgusting,' Loki whispered towards you. You agreed and placed the cup back on the table.

'It is. My God, what is this? Are we cursed?' you wondered. He chuckled and shrugged.

'I don't know what you are going to do, Y/N, but I am not going to drink that.' You shook your head.

'Me neither, but I don't want to be rude,' you whispered over the table. He winked at you.

'Do exactly what I do,' he whispered back. 'Grab my hand,' he told you. You gave him a questioning look, but he encouraged you to do so. You grabbed his hand and he squeezed it. The feeling of your hands touching send a unusual feeling to your stomach, a pleasant feeling. He gave you a smirk. He led your hand towards his glass and knocked down his glass. A few looks were given at the both of you. 'Pretend like you're trying to keep your glass from falling,' he whispered. You did and accidentally knocked it over, the liquid of both of your glasses spilling all over the table.

Loki seemed pleased with himself and raised from his seat.

'I am so sorry,' he spoke genuinely, but you knew better. 'I am going to get a few towels to clean this up, Y/N, would you be so kind to assist me?' People started to whisper, but you could care less. Your crush on Thor had faded and instead you found yourself developing a small, okay, huge liking towards the God of Mischief. You nodded and stood up. Loki smirked at the whispering people before he guided you out of the Throne room. You heard Thor saying something before you left the room.

'They are not coming back, are they?' Thor asked his father.

'Most likely not,' Odin answered.

You looked at the God beside you. You were walking through the corridors to... where?

'So... what now? I can tell by the look on your eyes that you won't go back in there,' you said to him. With a smirk plastered on his face, he answered you.

'No, we are not going back.' He ga e you a mischievous look before adding, 'We are going to my chambers to have a decent meal.' Your face lit up and you nodded.

'Sounds good to me,' you told him and he responded with a wink.