Chapter 11: The Raccoon Police Department

(Before we begin, someone has asked me recently if I was planning to include Revelations 2 in this story due to Alex Wesker. The truth is, I don't know at this point. I have been thinking about including both that AND Code Veronica but I've not decided yet. Once this segment is finished, I want to take a break to decide what to do next.)

Y/N POV 

After my run in with Jill and that strange creature, whatever it was, I continued on my initial task of reaching the Raccoon City Police Station. It took me about half an hour but I finally arrived at my destination.

Just as I had come to expect, the entire front gate was surrounded by zombies. I simply raised my handgun and opened fire, shooting my way through the undead horde. As I reached the gate, I noticed that it was sealed shut with an iron bar.

I sighed before suddenly palm-thrusting the door and forcing it open. I dashed inside and quickly closed it behind me muttering "There we go, a little force hurt no one right?" And with that I went on inside.

The front door was sealed and I assume it was barricaded in case the Zombies got past the gate. Instead I simply walked around the outside of the station until I found a shattered window. I climbed through it and found myself in a dark hallway.

I pulled out my handgun and aimed it in front of me again before slowly making my way down the deserted hallway. Zombies littered the ground, most of which looked like they had been dealt with recently, there were bullet holes and even knife slashes in some of them.

Suddenly though, I began to hear a noise, it sounded like gurgling mixed with crawling footsteps, at first I thought it was just a zombie and I spun around to see nothing there. I lowered my gun a bit in confusion however I noticed something move out of the corner of my eye.

I looked up and to my surprise I saw a red creature on the ceiling crawling towards me. It's brain was visible and its tongue hung out. If my knowledge of the Umbrella database was correct, this was what was referred to as a 'Licker' due to its long tongue that often stuck out.

Image of a Licker:

The Licker leapt down from the ceiling towards me and attempted to bite into my left arm

The Licker leapt down from the ceiling towards me and attempted to bite into my left arm. However I struck it across the face and sent it to the ground. The creature fell on its back before flipping upright and letting out a screech. 

It raced forward and I began unloading my handgun clip into its head, after a few shots it finally went down, though at this point I was running low on ammo with about two more reloads left. I decided it was best to set out and search for more.

I continued making my way through the halls of the Police Station. Eventually I went through a door that lead me into a large open room. There was two flights of stairs leading upstairs and sure enough, the door leading back outside was barricaded.

Image of the main entrance room of the  Police Station:

Luckily for me I was able to find 10 additional handgun bullets which I instantly pocketed

Luckily for me I was able to find 10 additional handgun bullets which I instantly pocketed. Seeing nothing else of use in the big room, I approached a typewriter on the nearby table, pressed some of the keys before leaving the room.

It was at this point I noticed the faint sound of gunshots off in the distance. I knew that wherever it was, it was coming from INSIDE the Police Station. I don't know why, but I actually found myself going TOWARDS the sounds of gunfire.

This lead me up the stairs to the right, along railings to a door that lead into a small waiting room. On the other side of that room was a door. Opening that lead me into another dark hallway. 

I followed that hallway round until eventually I came across some stairs, I climbed the stairs upwards all the way to the top where I found a door. I opened that leading into some kind of storage room. 

Here I saw four zombies all gathered around a man, about my age, holding a handgun and doing his best to hold the zombies at bay. There were about three more zombies on the ground already dead.

I raised my gun and opened fire, shooting two of the zombies in the head, killing them instantly before helping the man deal with the other two. Once they were dealt with I stepped forward as the man caught his breath saying "Hey, thanks for the assist, who are you?"

He was wearing Police gear with R.P.D written in it. His hair was styled at the front. I answered saying "Don't mention it. Y/N Wesker. I'm with S.T.A.R.S." I held the badge up for him to see before asking "And who are you?" The man answered "I'm Leon. Leon Scott Kennedy."

Image of Leon S Kennedy:

I looked at him before saying "So, I assume you're new here? Some first day hmm?" Leon chuckled before saying, "Yeah, I guess you could say that

I looked at him before saying "So, I assume you're new here? Some first day hmm?" Leon chuckled before saying, "Yeah, I guess you could say that." He then said "I suggest we stick together, in case we run into any trouble. Have you seen some of the creatures that roam this place?"

I nodded and said "Yeah, sure. I'll tag along." I didn't really like the idea of having this 'Leon' tailing me the whole time. I mean, he seemed like a nice guy, but I didn't want him to impede my progress.

Little did I know, we would end up being split up shortly after when we encountered certain creature...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter. I do hope you liked it. The next chapter will hopefully be an interesting one. Anyway, I do hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always thank you for reading.