Chapter 22: Rockfort Island, Another T-Virus Outbreak

(At the start of each segment, Y/N will only have his Handgun and some First-Aid Spray. Any weapons he picked up in previous segments he won't have. This may change in a later segment when he gets his other signature weapon I mentioned in the summary.)

Y/N POV

Three months had passed since the dreaded Raccoon City incident. After me and Ada had successfully obtained the G-Virus sample, the Organization had become, let's just say, a little more ambitious in it's quest to gather samples of each of these parasites.

Which of course leads us to right now...

Me and Albert had been dispatched to an old Umbrella facility on Rockfort Island. Rumour has it there was a sample of what was only known as the 'T-VERONICA Virus' We were sent in with several H.C.F soldiers and the task seemed to be easy enough. Of course that was until we arrived.

We stormed the island no problem, there was very little remaining in the way of security. However it soon came to our attention that much like Raccoon City before it, Rockfort Island was yet another sight for a T-Virus outbreak. This was something I had hoped I would never encounter again, since I had only just recovered from the injuries I had gained in Raccoon City.

I was currently stood in a courtyard, alone with Albert. We had just sent our soldiers off to different areas in the facility and now it was just the two of us alone. 

Image of Albert Wesker:

(You may notice the sudden graphics drop for character designs, since we're moving from Resident Evil 2 Remake to Code Veronica

(You may notice the sudden graphics drop for character designs, since we're moving from Resident Evil 2 Remake to Code Veronica. Also is it just me or does Wesker look like Max Headroom in this game.)

I turned around and asked cautiously "Do you think our men are capable of recovering the T-Veronica Sample?" Albert remained silent for a moment before replying "In all honesty, no. I don't."

That answer did surprise me so I asked "What do you mean?" Again, Albert paused as if he was thinking about something. His answer came in the form of another question. "Do you remember a woman by the name of Alexia Ashford."

Now I just tilted my head a bit and said "Yes, I remember the Ashford's. What of it?" It wasn't her herself that I recognized but the 'Ashford' name. Doctor Edward Ashford was one of the people behind the Umbrella Corporation in the first place. Alexia must have been of some relation to him.

Albert continued his explanation. "From our reliable sources within the organization, the T-Veronica Virus sample is INSIDE the body of Alexia Ashford. I will admit, I have my doubts that common soldiers will be enough to bring her down."

I thought some more before pointing out "That out explain why we were both sent as well." Albert gave a faint nod and simply said "Indeed." I then noticed he seemed to fall silent as if he was thinking about something.

He then suddenly said "I have another task for you to accomplish first however." I turned to him and asked "What do you need?" Albert turned around to actually face me before saying "It would seem we have an uninvited rat on the island. And a familiar one at that."

I turned to him and raised an eyebrow saying "Go on..." Albert then dropped a bombshell. Some of our reports indicate that our old friend Chris Redfield is on this island." My eyes widened a bit, of all the people I had met, Chris was one of the last people I'd expect to see here.

I asked "Why is he here?" Albert responded "I don't know. But I want you to find him and bring him to me asap." I interjected his point by asking "Are you sure it wouldn't be beneficial for me to just kill him myself?" I was surprised to actually see Albert frown a bit at this question.

His voice suddenly turned extremely cold, even more so than usual as he sternly said "No! I want to be the one to end Chris's life. All you need to do is subdue him and bring him to me." I simply sighed to myself, there was no point arguing at this point.

In the end, I just nodded and said "Fine, have it your way." With that, I simply turned away and began making my way out of the courtyard. However before I could leave, Albert stopped me one last time "Y/N!" I turned around to face him. He gave one last order "When you've acquired Chris, contact me and I'll give you my position." 

I nodded and this caused him to say "Don't fail me." I didn't respond to that and instead just turned away, walking out of the courtyard and beginning my search of the prison. I aimed my Hookshot at one of the higher platforms and launched myself up into one of the higher windows in one of the buildings. Here I began my search.

Little did I know, I wouldn't run into Chris just yet. But rather the OTHER Redfield. One who I had barely missed at Raccoon City. Our meeting would come at last...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, the first chapter in my Code Veronica segment. Now like I said in yesterday's Author's Note, this segment will only be about 5-10 chapters long however I felt it best to include it regardless. I'm sorry if the chapter was slightly underwhelming, I found it quite difficult in places. Either way, I still do hope you enjoyed it and as always, thank you for reading.