Chapter 103: Simmons' Shattered Mind and Body

Y/N POV

Carla was dead. Now there was only one more piece to this puzzle. One more loose end that needed tying up. Derek Simmons, a face from Ada's past. A man who seemed to have driven himself mad with his obsession over her.

Luckily for us, the lift in the room where we fought Carla lead us out onto a helipad and it was here that we found not one, but TWO helicopters. Stationary and ready for use. And even better for us, we had a hunch we'd know EXACTLY where Simmons would be.

I hadn't forgotten Helena's grudge against the government official and I assume from Carla's earlier broadcast as well as Ada's little tip-off that Simmons would be here. It was safe to assume an encounter between the two was inevitable. And what better place for it to take place than the tallest building in the city.

Me and Ada each got into our own individual helicopters. Before we could get going, we saw a fighter plane set off down the runway, I assumed it was Chris and Piers. Ada proceeded to contact me through our helicopter's communication "Let them clean up Carla's mess."

I responded "Sounds good to me, lets get out of here." With that, we took off, leaving the aircraft carrier behind and continuing onto what I initially believed to be the final stage of this whole ordeal. How wrong I was...

Me and Ada flew through the city, raining down gunfire on hordes of zombies! There seemed to be more of them than before. I seems things were still spreading. We would have to be quick before things scaled too far out of control.

At last, we arrived at the building where we believed Simmons was hiding. And sure enough, as our helicopters travelled over the exterior courtyard of the building, we saw Simmons standing there hunched over, it seems Leon and Helena had beat us here as they stood opposite him handguns raised.

As our spotlights shone over Simmons, I got a look at the state he was in. His skin was covered in bloody cracks, he had burns on his body and what little clothing he had left was badly charred and torn. Upon noticing our helicopters, his look became one of insane fury!

"I know what you did ADA!" He yelled enraged. I assumed he was referring to Carla though judging by his next words. "You disobeyed me! You took Wesker's son away!" He began spasming as steam emitted from the cracks in his skin.

He continued "You used that bastard's blood, to make the virus STRONGER!" He then let out a scream as the steam shot from his wounds. Leon and Helena wasted no time opening fire on him however their efforts had little effect.

Suddenly, a red, bloody, mass burst from his body, revealing elements of Simmons' skin, tissue and bone mixed in. However what made this even stranger was that this mass took the shape of a tyrannosaurus rex dinosaur!

Image of Simmons' Dinosaur Mutation:

I exclaimed "Oh crap! Wasn't expecting that!" Instantly, we all opened fire, me and Ada using the automatic machine guns mounted to our helicopters while Leon and Helena used whatever guns they had at their disposal

Simmons charged directly for Leon, attempting to bite him with the giant fanged mouth he now had. Helena exclaimed "LEON!" Luckily, he managed to dive out of the way causing Simmons to collide with the wall.

At first, it appeared that this fight may be quite easy, as there were plenty of fleshy parts on display for us to hit. And sure enough, upon doing so, Simmons DID briefly revert back to his more humanoid state, allowing Leon to tackle him to the ground and land several punches to his face.

Though this success was short-lived as Simmons quickly returned to his dinosaur-like state and now it seemed we were back to square one, only this time he was even angrier than before as he began frantically thrashing about.

It was at this point that a BSAA jeep arrived on the scene. On the back were two turrets, the driver instructed Leon and Helena "Get in!" I just muttered in the communicator "Well isn't this convenient." I heard Ada respond through the speaker saying "You can say that again."

With the jeep and the turrets, Leon and Helena were able to not only evade the even more enraged Simmons, but also land some heavy hits in. And it was at this point that I noticed something else of interest.

Inside of Simmons' mouth, was a giant orange eyeball. If I remembered rightly from the battles against Las Plagas, giant orange eyeballs meant a weakness! I turned my communicator back on and said "Ada, aim for the eyeball in his mouth! It's our best option!"

We opened fire on the eye and we could only hope it was helping. Leon and Helena also aimed for that area. With all four of us shooting at the same area, it seemed we were doing heavy damage as Simmons lashed out once more!

He struck the jeep causing it to tip over. Leon and Helena were able to escape without a scratch however the driver didn't have a chance, shortly after hitting the ground, it exploded into flames. I heard Leon yelling "I think we pissed him off!"

Luckily, it seems we now knew where his weakness was, and even though the jeep was destroyed, me and Ada continued to fire on that point and soon enough, Simmons was forced back to his humanoid form.

Just like before Leon took this opportunity to lunge at him, tackle him to the ground and land a series of repetitive punches to his face over and over again. Simmons took each blow with nothing more than a pained grunt.

Once again, his body burst into its dinosaur-like state and lashed out. Again, he seemed to continuously repeat his previous mistake and focused all his attention on Leon and Helena, ignoring me and Ada, I understand if he held a greater hatred towards them or something, but his game-plan in this fight wasn't practical in the slightest.

And it was this mistake that in the end, proved to be his downfall. We rained bullet after bullet on him. Aiming directly for the eye every time, Simmons let out roars of pain and anger as he attempted to attack however at last, with one final roar, he collapsed onto his side.

I just stared at the scene in front of me from the cockpit of the helicopter. Leon and Helena approached Simmons' body before turning their attention to us. I turned to look at back at them and for a moment there was no movement.

Suddenly Ada took off, ascending into the air. I took this as a sign and followed after her. We may have won this little skirmish. But I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that this wasn't the end of Derek Simmons...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, next up will be a direct continuation of this one that will have the second battle against Simmons, then we will be on the final act of this segment. I really hope you like that, I also hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.