Chapter 65: Another Survivor and Escaping the Prison

Y/N POV

I quickly raced through the prison, following the sound of a woman's screams. Whoever they were, they were clearly in trouble and perhaps, they could also shed some light on why I was here and what this strange wristband I was wearing was meant to be for.

As I rounded a corner, I came across yet another of those strange Afflicted creatures that I fought earlier. I still had no idea what was the cause behind these specific B.O.Ws however one way or another I would find out. And even if I didn't know their origin, they were still relatively easy to deal with. No different from zombies, Ganados or Majini in that regard.

I didn't even both using my gun this time, the only reason I did before was because I was 'testing the waters' so to speak. I knew now what these enemies could handle. Instead I just dashed towards it and violently punched it in the face causing it to fall to the ground. Before drawing my knife and finishing it off.

With that out of the way, I was once again drawn to yet another scream sounding throughout the seemingly derelict halls. By this point it was clear that the soldiers I encountered were not BSAA, the real question is who they really were and why they had brought me here.

Continuing even deeper into the prison, I kept following the sound of screaming, as I drew closer, I began picking up the sound of growling Afflicted. And after what felt like a long search, I came across what I believed to be the source.

A woman ran threw the hall opposite me, an Afflicted was close behind her. I knew that if I didn't intervene she would likely be killed. In an instant, as the Afflicted swung at her, I dashed forward yelling "Get down!"

I tackled her to the ground, narrowly avoiding the the swinging weapon before I raised my handgun and instantly shot the Afflicted in the head, it took two shots before it fell to the ground dead.

Looking down, I turned to the woman and asked "Are you okay?" The woman nodded before saying "Yeah, I think. What was that thing?" I slowly got off her before offering a hand for her to take. Once we were both on our feet I replied "I don't know, I've seen many strange things in my life but that is completely new."

The woman nodded before asking "Who are you anyway?" Obviously, I couldn't risk giving her my full name in case she was familiar with the incident in Africa two years ago so I simply responded with "Y/N. What about you?" The woman replied "Gina."

Image of Gina Foley:

I looked at her wrist and noticed she also wore a wristband identical to mine, however hers had an amber light on it as opposed to the green one I had

I looked at her wrist and noticed she also wore a wristband identical to mine, however hers had an amber light on it as opposed to the green one I had. She then commented "You know, I'm honestly glad I'm not the only one here who's not one of those things."

Looking around, I said "Well we had best find a way out of here and quick, otherwise more of those 'things' will be crawling all over this place soon enough." She nodded in agreement and replied "Lead the way then."

With that, we both took off down the halls, any more Afflicted that appeared would be dealt with swiftly. However as we were walking, Gina abruptly asked "So, how did you get here anyway?" Again, this was a situation where I didn't want to tell her the whole truth, how do you think she'd react if she found out I was THE Y/N Wesker! Assuming she knew about what had happened two years ago or anything before that, which she may not have since I don't know what was kept secret and what wasn't. It didn't hurt to play it safe though.

Instead, I simply chose to tell her half the truth. "I was attacked while staying at a hotel by soldiers. One of them knocked me out and brought me here. What about you?" Gina responded "I was at a fundraiser for Terrasave and like you said, soldiers came and brought us here."

I asked her quizzically "You're with Terrasave?" Gina nodded and after that, I didn't ask anymore questions and neither did she causing us to fall into silence. And that's when we abruptly walked right into a trap!

Out of no where, a large barred door came crashing down directly between the two of us, cutting us off. I spun around when I saw Gina trapped on the other side of the bars and shortly after, we heard the sound of Afflicted approaching.

One rounded the corner in front of Gina and she backed up towards the metal barred door in terror. I grabbed it and tried lifting it up however it seemed completely jammed, even the enhanced strength couldn't lift it.

I then noticed a side-door and instructed to Gina "Go through there, see if you can find another way around!" She nodded and retreated into the door off to the side, the afflicted close behind her. 

And that was the last I would see of Gina unfortunately.

I turned my attention back to the path ahead of me, before more Afflicted could show up. I came across more traps from this point onwards, including a spinning bladed pole that I had to duck under to avoid being hit by it as well as just more Afflicted.

Eventually though, I found myself in another large cell block, identical to the one I had been in before. As I looked around, I noticed a large glass window that showed outside and this caused me to smirk as I knew it would be my way out.

I first used my handgun to fire two shots at the window making a small hole appear. Though it was big enough for me to then use my Hookshot and fire it through said hole, latching onto something outside.

Finally, I grappled myself up through the window and managed to land on what I believed was a lower portion of the Prison's roof. With a smirk spreading across my face. I ran along the roof before leaping down to the ground and making my way into a nearby forest.

Little did I know, there was a camera mounted on the wall of the prison that saw my exploits unfold and the person on the other end held a devious smirk as they muttered to themselves "This game should prove to be more fun than I thought."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really do hope you liked it, I will admit, I'm looking forward to some of the later chapters in this segment, especially regarding Y/N's relationship with some of the characters. Anyway, as always, thank you for reading.