Chapter 26: An Audience with Alexia Ashford

Y/N POV

It took hours to travel to Antarctica but eventually, we arrived all the same. Sure enough, we soon discovered another facility, presumably owned by Umbrella. And it was also safe to assume this was where Alexia was hiding out.

Me and Albert disembarked the aircraft and began making out way through the facility. And just as we'd come to expect from an ex-Umbrella facility, we met our typical zombie opposition however we put them down with no hesitation and no effort.

We continued making our way through the base, encountering the typical Zombies along with some Hunters and these strange tentacle-like obstructions that were growing from the walls. Nevertheless, they met the same fate as the other creatures.

Timeskip...

Eventually, after a long journey through the facility, the winding paths and corridors lead us into what appeared to be some kind of stately home. Quite similar in design and architecture to the Spencer Mansion that I visited months prior.

Aside from that slight similarity though, it was entirely different. We continued on our current path through the estate until eventually Albert spoke up saying "Split up. We'll cover more ground that way."

I didn't even bother arguing, while Albert went off directly down the hallway, I instead turned left into one of the side-doors and had an explore. Unfortunately I didn't find anything of use to me, aside from a few herbs which I pocketed. 

That's when I heard the door behind me open followed by a voice saying "Well well, look who we have here." I spun around, my gun aimed out in front of me only to be met with a blonde woman wearing black dress. I stated calmly "Alexia Ashford I presume?"

Image of Alexia Ashford:

Alexia just nodded before saying "Indeed and you are Y/N Wesker correct?" Now it was my turn to nod in response to her question before saying "Yes that is right

Alexia just nodded before saying "Indeed and you are Y/N Wesker correct?" Now it was my turn to nod in response to her question before saying "Yes that is right." Alexia stepped further into the room before sternly saying "Now, I'm going to ask you this once and only once."

She paused before asking "Why are you here?" I just smirked and kept my handgun aimed at her head before replying "I think you know the answer to that already." Alexia smirked as well before stepping closer and saying "You're here for the T-Veronica Virus."

I nodded and said "You're right again. Now, you know why I'm here, I suggest you give me the sample. That way we can avoid any unnecessary bloodshed." To my surprise Alexia just let out a laugh before saying "Unnecessary?!" She then continued to laugh.

Suddenly she dashed from the room and I swiftly went to pursue. Eventually I caught up with her however to my surprise, I found us in a large open room with none other than ALBERT standing at the bottom of the steps, looking up at us. 

I walked down and stood next to him as Alexia let out another laugh. Albert exclaimed "At last! I've found you Alexia! Come with us." Alexia laughed even more as Albert stepped forward continuing "You are responsible for the T-Veronica Virus. And now the only existing sample is inside your body. I want it NOW!"

Alexia responded "You want it? You are not worthy of its POWER!" She continued laughing as she stepped towards us. As she drew closer, she was slowly engulfed in flames. Her clothing was singed off her as her skin began to turn green and her hair became like tentacles.

Image of Alexia's transformation:

I glared at Alexia as she continued to step towards us

I glared at Alexia as she continued to step towards us. Out of no where, she uppercutted Albert and sent him falling off the staircase. She then spun around and left-hooked me causing me to do the same.

She then leapt upwards however we both dived out of the way, avoiding her attack. I was left stunned that such a parasite could exist, Albert on the other hand was still confident as he announced "You're coming with us!" 

Alexia shot a fireball towards him however Albert ran across the walls, avoiding it as I attempted to dash up behind her. Albert landed a punch to her face while I landed another to her ribs, this in turn made her stagger.

She attempted to launch another towards us however we once again leapt out of the way. This time though, we were surprised to see Chris, it appears that Alexia's fire had forced him to leave his hiding spot. Albert exclaimed "Chris!" Chris spat out "Wesker."

The four of us all stared at one another for a moment, Me, Albert, Chris and Alexia. Before Albert suddenly said "Chris!" He nodded slightly before Albert continued "Since you're one of my best men, we'll let you handle this!"

He added "Come Y/N!" And with that we both dashed out of the door. Alexia tried to stop us however we escaped just in time. 

Once outside, I turned to Albert and asked in a concerned tone "How do you suggest we acquire the parasite now?" Albert turned to me and smirked "All we need is for Chris to either take Alexia out or weaken her enough for us to deal with her. Either way, there will be another time. We just need to be patient."

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, of course I'm sorry if it was underwhelming but I still do hope you liked it. There should only be one more chapter left before this segment is done. Anyway, as always, thank you for reading.