Chapter 75: The Last of the Wesker Children

Y/N POV

"So, you finally managed to make it here. I'm impressed."

I instantly recognized the cold, cynical voice and turned around to finally face none other than Alex Wesker. She stood behind me with her arms folded and a smirk across her face as she continued "But then again, you always were resourceful."

Image of Alex Wesker:

Pointing at Alex, I instantly stated "I want answers Alex! What's going on here? Why have you brought me here? What do you aim to get out of this?" Alex didn't answer my question and instead asked in a rhetorical manner "Is that any way to greet y...

Pointing at Alex, I instantly stated "I want answers Alex! What's going on here? Why have you brought me here? What do you aim to get out of this?" Alex didn't answer my question and instead asked in a rhetorical manner "Is that any way to greet your sister after years of not seeing her?"

I retorted "I thought you were dead. You also owe me an explanation for that as well." This caused her to smirk before saying "Well that's quite simple really. But why don't we take a little walk you and I. Perhaps you will find the answers you seek."

This made me pause for a moment, I had hoped that Alex would just flat-out give me the answers she promised. Though I guess I should have seen this coming. Nothing was ever straight forward with Alex, she would surely make me work harder to earn what I wanted.

In the end, I just nodded and this made Alex reply "Excellent, this way if you please." She began walking and I followed her out of the control room. As we ascended a flight of stairs, she began an explanation.

"I had been researching into immortality for years on the behalf of Spencer. The fool honestly believed I was loyal to him, even after you and Albert betrayed his trust. Eventually my research lead me here, where I have remained ever since."

I questioned her "Immortality?" Alex nodded and began yet another explanation as we kept walking towards an unknown destination. "Indeed. As you likely know, poor Spencer was fixated on the idea of becoming a God, a task which he sadly wasn't cut out for. However-."

She paused for a moment as we reached what I believe to be Alex's bedroom, she approached a fish tank on the wall and muttered "One moment." She pushed a button that was well-hidden, anyone who didn't already know where it was would likely not find it and have to shatter the tank.

The button caused the tank to move across, revealing a lever placed behind it. She pulled the lever and we heard the sound of a bridge lowering outside. She gestured me to follow and we crossed the bridge landing on another walkway.

Eventually though, we came to a stop at a door, it opened to reveal a large laboratory and it was at this point that Alex finally continued her speech from earlier regarding Spencer and his ambition of immortality.

"-I eventually found a special way of achieving said immortality. Though not in the way you would think." She approached another console before pressing several buttons. A large capsule emerged out of the floor as she stated a single phrase "Reincarnation."

I stepped towards the capsule and looked inside, my eyes widened when I saw that Natalia girl unconscious inside it, several wires attached to her. Alex also stepped forward and explained "Yours and Albert's escape was death, if you hadn't have died in the Arklay Mountains years ago, you wouldn't have gained the power you have today."

Placing her hand on the capsule she said "Because of this, I had several test subjects brought to this island, I manipulated that little rat Neil into giving me what I wanted. Eventually, I found out that young Natalia here was the perfect result."

I felt pity for the child as I asked "And what is your plan for the girl?" Alex grinned and said "As we speak, a digital engram or duplicate of my own consciousness is being downloaded into little Natalia's head. When she awakens, she will find herself as not herself, but as ME. By this point though, this body will be no more. I will have no further need for it." She stated pointing to herself.

Now it was finally time for the biggest question of all. "And why did you want to bring me here Alex? I know it isn't for a little family catch-up, I want an answer." This caused a grin to appear across Alex's face, one far darker than before.

"Before I found little Natalia, I had a thought. Albert had grown too attached to his power and it drove him to his death. You on the other hand had managed to survive time and time again. Raccoon City, Rockfort Island, even Los Illuminados."

My eyes widened and this made her grin grow even more as she stated "Oh yes, you didn't know it Y/N but I knew about everything that happened to you. And for a while I believed that you would be the perfect candidate for my plan."

Now I was glaring as I snapped "So, you set me up, as a guinea pig?" Alex simply nodded and said "Indeed, but now I have the PERFECT host, and now I don't need you anymore. I'm sorry Y/N."

In rage I pulled my handgun out and aimed it at her however she just stated "I wouldn't do that if I were you little brother. If you kill me, you stop nothing, Natalia will still awaken as me and this tower will explode, taking you along with it."

I kept the gun aimed at her however I knew she was right. Alex mimicked looking at a watch before sarcastically saying "I believe we've had enough of a chat for today Y/N. Now I'll give you a chance, you can walk away from here and I will give you time before I send my secret weapon after you. Consider it a test for you. Sound good?"

I glared at her before threatening "I swear Alex, you will pay for this." Alex just grinned and asked "Oh will I? Once you're gone, I will dispose of that Neil along with those Terrasave women. They are all pointless now." She then turned to her console again, pushing a button causing the capsule to disappear once again before continuing "Now go, I have important work to do."

I was shaking in anger, however in this situation, I couldn't do anything. I could have easily killed her but she held all the cards. Even if I destroyed this body, she would still have Natalia and I don't know where she was now.

Instead I just walked away, I would play her game for now, but I swear, I would get even with her in the end, one way or another...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, hopefully this one was better than the last one since looking back, I felt that one didn't go as well. I'm actually off for the next two weeks so for the most part, I should be able to upload in the mornings again and even upload twice on some days. I really hope you liked this chapter though and as always, thank you for reading.