Chapter 62: The Final Showdown

(Before we begin, I just wanted to mention that I've decided to have one more chapter after this one in the segment. After that I will quickly go on the DMC story and do a little summary explaining how the book will play out. Once that's done though, I will come straight back here to finish the Revelations 2 segment since it's a direct follow-up to this one. After that segment's done I will once again switch to my Devil May Cry story and keep working on that until it's done. Basically, I will be taking a break from this story for a bit after the Revelations 2 segment, I'm sorry for any inconvenience.)

Chris POV

Me and Sheva readied our handguns as we walked slowly down a narrow corridor towards and automatic door. I knew we were getting closer to Albert and I will admit, I was almost anxious as to whether we would actually be able to beat him.

As we approached the door though, it opened and I was surprised at what I saw. We were met with another corridor leading to another door, this one though was already open and sure enough, Wesker was already there, holding Y/N in a choke hold!

I broke into a run with Sheva close behind before quickly aiming my handgun at him exclaiming "Your plans are finished Wesker!" Sheva aimed hers as well, adding "There's no way out this time!"

Y/N POV

"Your plans are finished Wesker!" "There's no way out this time!" I looked over Albert's shoulder to see both Chris and Sheva storming down the narrow corridor, into the hangar with their handguns drawn. 

Albert didn't even spare the duo a glance however I saw a grin spread across his face before he abruptly dropped me to the ground. He then kicked me into one of the walls causing me to let out a faint grunt.

He then asked "Don't you two ever tire of failing in your mission?" He stepped towards the railing again, still facing away from the BSAA operatives. I noticed him reaching up and slowly taking his sunglasses off, adding "You've really become quite an inconvenience for me."

In an instant, he spun around and threw his sunglasses towards them. Chris caught them however was unable to dodge a series of brutal attacks ending with an elbow to the chest, knocking him onto his back.

Albert then turned to Sheva and swiftly tossed her to the ground before putting his sunglasses back on, the reflection of which actually showed his eyes through them for a moment. Chris recovered and fired several shots towards Albert which he dodged.

He then tackled Albert who just shrugged with a grin before kneeing him in the stomach and throwing him towards the railings. Again, Chris tried firing several shots at him however Albert just backflipped away before grabbing Sheva and using her as a shield.

Chris kept his handgun aimed at Albert's head as he snapped "Why are you doing this? What do you accomplish by unleashing Uroboros?!" Albert continued to hold Sheva in place as he just carelessly stated "Every day, humans come one step closer to self-destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it."

Sheva broke out of his grip and the two opened fire once again on Albert however he dodged before grabbing them both and throwing them both over the railings to the platform below. He shot me a sideways glance, spitting "I'll be back for you later." 

With that he leapt over the railing. I stood up slowly and quickly dropped to one knee. It was at this point that I remembered that I hadn't had a dose of PG67A-W in a while so I was likely feeling fatigued as my abilities slowly disappeared, I would need to locate spare samples soon!

Nevertheless, I gave it a second attempt and got to my feet once again and held a hand to my stomach as I limped over to the railings, just in time to see the platform being raised off the ground, I could see Albert staring down Chris and Sheva though I couldn't make out what they were saying.

I raised my Hookshot and grappled up to the platform. I knew I wouldn't physically be able to aid Chris, both with the beating I had already sustained along with the fatigue from not having the PG67A-W serum in a while. Though I hopefully would be able to provide some strategical support from afar.

I remained in the shadows as Albert slowly chased Chris and Sheva, giving a speech to the duo "Has it never occurred to you, that this planet is overpopulated? Only a handful of humans truly matter. Everyone else, is just so much chaff. So now, I have to separate this chaff from the wheat."

I headed up a ladder to a higher part of the platform before looking around. My eyes eventually landed on a rocket launcher in a display case. I exclaimed to Chris "Chris, the rocket launcher in the display case! It's your only chance!"

This drew everyone's attention. Albert snarled at me saying "So, you recovered. Just sit tight and I shall deal with you shortly Y/N." Chris however just noticed the rocket launcher as well and nodded. He then sprinted towards it.

Shattering the case, he instantly grabbed the RPG, spun around and fired it in Albert's direction. Much like I did against Josh, Albert grabbed the rocket and held it in place before Sheva shot at it and caused it to explode in his face.

Chris grabbed Albert and tried restraining him in place, however Albert quickly threw Chris off him and returned to his feet, resuming his chase. Now of course Chris was without a rocket to fire.

I looked around again and right near me, I saw a rack containing several rockets. I grunted and gripped the rail as I slowly made my way over to the rack. Upon reaching it, I quickly picked up a rocket before turning back to Chris.

I held the rocket up and yelled "Chris! Catch!" I know this was a risky gamble, but my physical condition appeared to be degrading by the minute, I would need to find another sample of the serum to recover. I couldn't physically hand him the rocket so I had to just throw it to him!

Luckily, Chris caught the missile and applied it to the rocket launcher before firing yet another round towards Albert! It was a repeat of before where he would grab it before it exploded in his face, stunning him and giving Chris the chance to restrain him.

This time though, before Albert could throw him off, Sheva approached and viscously jabbed a sample of PG67A-W into his chest. I don't know how they got it but for now, I didn't care. Instead I just began making my way over to them.

Albert threw the needle from his chest however he dropped to his knees. He began writhing about, clutching the sides of his head with his hands and letting out growls of pain. Even with all he did, it still hurt me seeing my brother in this state.

I heard Sheva ask "Did it work?" As Chris replied "I think so." Albert let out another growl before reaching for his sunglasses. He took them off and slowly got to his feet with a fierce glare in his eyes. He spat towards Chris "This isn't over Chris!" Before turning and racing away.

He leapt towards the bomber before heading inside. The bomber instantly began taking off and Chris said "Sheva, he's getting away, hurry." He instantly broke out into a run however Sheva gave me a look and asked "What about you? Are you not following your brother?"

I stared at her, still clutching my torso in slight discomfort before replying "I wouldn't be much good in my current state. I suggest you head after Albert. He's the threat here." She didn't need much more convincing and soon began running towards the bomber as well.

I watched as it took off, leaving me alone in the hangar of the tanker. I wanted to follow them, but I had one task left to do first...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, as I said at the top, there will be one final chapter to this segment, then I will do a quick summary on my Devil May Cry book before coming back here to do the Revelations 2 segment before taking a short break from this book to finish that DMC story off for good. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you also enjoy the next one, finally, as always, thank you for reading.