Chapter 88: The Gift and a Mysterious Package

Timeskip, 2 Years Later...

Y/N POV

I slowly walked up to the door of the rather cosy looking house in front of me, the house which I knew belonged to Barry. Now you may be wondering two things right now, 1: why was I at Barry's house? Especially after what happened. And 2: how did I even know where Barry lived?

Well in truth, the second of those two questions is the easier one to answer. When me and Albert were infiltrating S.T.A.R.S I once visited Barry's house. As for why I was here, well that could be answered by what I was carrying, tucked under my arm.

Upon reaching the door, I gave it a faint knock. I didn't know why but I felt slight discomfort, even after the incident on the island with Alex, Barry forgave me for everything that had happened between us. But that didn't make things easy.

Luckily for me, Moira ended up being the one answering the door and upon seeing me she just stared at me surprised before exclaiming in shock "Y/N?! What are you doing here?! It's been ages!"

She was right, I actually hadn't seen anyone since that incident which now had been about two years ago. Needless to say, I answered her question by saying "I found a little something that Natalia might find interesting."

I held up the item I had found, you see, while I was out scrounging for food to help my escape from the BSAA, I came across a specific bear which looked identical to that 'Lottie' that Natalia had been so obsessed with on that island.

Moira looked at the bear then at me. I could tell she was surprised at the gift I had brought. However I then added "Well I won't take up any more time. I'd best get going." I handed the stuffed bear to Moira saying "Give Natalia that for me."

I was about to turn around when Barry suddenly stepped into the room and saw me standing there. He seemed just as shocked as Moira as he gasped "Y/N? Why are you here?" He then noticed the stuffed bear I had brought and nodded.

He turned back to me and said "Thank you. I know she'll appreciate it." I smiled before turning around,  Barry came to the door and called after me "Y/N!" However I just gave a faint wave before continuing away from the house towards my nearest safehouse.

Natalia POV

I sat on my bed, reading a book. Downstairs, I could hear Moira talking with a voice that was unmistakably Y/N's. Why he was here, I don't know, however I didn't leave my room, instead I just continued to read the text in front of me.

"A cage, went in search of a bird." I paused, around my room were several newspaper clippings documenting bioterrorist events going on in China right now. I kept reading "But now, the bird is gone."

Again I paused as I read a particular piece of text in the book that made me smile. "The bird has changed..."

Y/N POV

My nearest safehouse was an old warehouse located a relatively short distance to where the Burton family lived. After handing my gift to Natalia, I had no reason to stay here anymore. As I was about to leave though, I noticed something strange.

Upon my arrival at the warehouse, I realized that the door which I had previously unlocked, was left swinging open and now on one of the tables, there was a lone package sitting there with my name addressed on it.

I growled, I wouldn't be surprised if this had turned out to be yet another trap. Nevertheless, curiosity got the better of me and I soon began unwrapping the package. What I found was rather strange.

Inside was a blue translucent prism-like device. I picked it up and began analysing it. However while I was doing this, it suddenly started ringing almost like a phone. I stared at the device until suddenly it changed into a cube shape.

Image of the unknown communication device:

That's when I heard an all too familiar voice saying "Hello Y/N

That's when I heard an all too familiar voice saying "Hello Y/N. It's been a while." Looking at the device, I saw the face of who was contacted me and I just stated in a calm tone. "Ada."

That's right, ADA was communicating me! I don't know how she knew I was here but I just rolled with it and asked "How did you find me? And why did you send this package?" Ada just smirked and said "I have my ways of finding you."

She then began "The reason I'm contacting you is because I have a task for you, one that I need your help with." I sat down in a chair and stared back at her through the communicator before saying "Go on..."

She then said "It's too hard to explain right now, but I've got a submarine out in the northern Atlantic. I'm sending you the coordinates now. Things will be explained there." Without another word, she signed off.

The cube returned to its prism shape in my hand as I stared at it. One thing was clear. I didn't know what she was up too, but I would have to play her little game, for now...

Ada POV

As the communicator shut off, I sat back in the chair with a smirk. Everything was coming together nicely. I just needed to play my cards right and for Y/N to play his part well...

Author's Note: And that's it, both for this chapter and the Revelations 2 segment. Next up will be RE6 which I know some of you are looking forward to. However I'm actually going to take a break from this book for the time being, I want to finish my Devil May Cry story as well as get the next segment of my Dragon Ball story uploaded so I ask that you be patient until then. I also still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to include 7 or Village in this book or make a separate book for them all together. I want to thank all of you for reading voting and commenting on the story up to this point, I really appreciated the feedback I've received and I really hope you enjoyed the book so far. I hope you like what's to come when I get it uploaded and as always, thank you for reading.