Chapter 35: The Plaga Parasite and the Blind Slasher

(Again, sorry for not uploading yesterday. I thought I'd just be out in the morning however I ended up busy all day so I didn't have time to write anything. I hope this makes up for it.)

Y/N POV

After, my confrontation with that Salazar and easily surviving that ambush he had set up, I simply left the large room and proceeded deeper through the castle. I had probably only been here for about an hour at most and already, I was beginning to grow annoyed.

Of course, the fact that Salazar knew I was here ruined the element of surprise I had before. The only good thing that came from this, was that I no longer had to worry about being discrete when dealing with the Ganados I encountered.

And soon enough, as I walked into another smaller room with a flight of stairs going up and another going down, I was met with some more of those Zealots from earlier. However this time I just grinned and cracked my knuckles slowly.

I dashed forward with my enhanced speed and kneed the closest zealot's shield, shattering it in an instant. I then followed up by palm-thrusting that same Ganado zealot, causing him to be sent crashing into the others as they all fell over like bowling pins.

(I always find it funny in Mercenaries when Wesker uses that palm-thrusting attack to knock and enemy into another one and they both fall over.)

Stepping forward, I stamped on one of the Ganado's heads, finishing it off before simply continuing down the stairs. Though it was here that I encountered something which I found particularly interesting.

At first I thought it was just a standard Ganado zealot and I dealt with him as such. However as I killed him, his head burst open and to my initial surprise, a series of tentacles emerged. My eyes widened slightly but I soon came to the conclusion that this was just the Las Plagas parasite emerging.

Image of a Plagas infected Ganado (Just imagine it's a zealot and not a villager):

I just stared at the infected Ganado as it approached. The tentacles then grew longer and took on a blade-like quality. Luckily, due to my speed, I was able to dodge as the tentacles slashed outwards towards me.

To deal with this, I decided to pull out my rifle and swiftly aimed it directly at the bubbling 'core' of the Plagas parasite and opened fire. It took about three shots, each one hitting the core and causing the parasite to retaliate, which I dodged, before eventually said parasite burst and the Ganado's body finally fell to the ground.

I stared down at the body as it disappeared, revealing a small box of PTAS which I took with me before making my way even further down the passage way. After what felt like a quite a while, I finally arrived in another chamber, this one was much smaller than the last one and had a door on the other side.

Naturally, I approached the door, crossing the wooden floor until I stepped on what seemed to be a loose plank. A creak sounded throughout the room and at first I thought nothing of it, just continuing on my path as I had done before.

However, before I could reach the door, I suddenly heard a faint whistling noise. On pure instinct, I abruptly ducked. And it was a good thing that I did, because I narrowly evaded a slash from three blades.

Turning around and looking up, I saw a hulking figure wearing a metal helmet, closer inspection showed that the creature's eyes were stitched shut. Though I assumed me stepping on the wooden plank earlier had alerted it to my presence.

Image of the Garrador:

I swiftly kicked it in the leg, causing it to stagger a bit and I used this time window to gain some distance between us

I swiftly kicked it in the leg, causing it to stagger a bit and I used this time window to gain some distance between us. I then pulled out my handgun and proceeded to unload several rounds into  the creature's body.

To my surprise though, the bullets that hit metal areas simply bounced off while the ones that hit its bare torso didn't do anything either. In fact, it just angered the creature as it let out a roar and rushed me, baring its long bladed gauntlets.

Again, I narrowly dodged the swing from the blades and the Garrador actually got one of its blades caught in the stone wall. I just stared at the Garrador with minor humour before I noticed another one of those Plaga protruding from its back.

I assumed this had to have been the creature's weak spot so I dashed up behind it and gripped one of the two small tentacles. I then raised my hand and thrust it directly into the creature's back! The Garrador let out another groan as the core exploded into a goo-like mess.

Retracting my arm, I wiped the goo on the wall before turning around and going through that door. I was already beginning to grow annoyed with Salazar's games. I just needed to locate Luis again and hope he had managed to secure that sample.

Leon POV

I stepped out through a door into a large open area, going over to the balcony railing, I saw a rather spacious garden with what appeared to be a maze taking up the majority of it. Suddenly my communicator went off, pulling it out, I glared when I saw Salazar's face on the other end.

He spoke in that same annoying tone "Mr Kennedy, still alive I see. So, do you like my garden?" I retorted instantly by saying "I see you managed to work in a little of your twisted taste here too."

Salazar then stated "Sagacious as I am, even I get lost here sometimes. Even if it takes your whole life, you'll never get out. Do you know that no one dies without a cause? You will satisfy the stomachs of my cute pets. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to tie up a few loose ends. Like chasing down a trio of rats."

With that, he hung up, leaving me confused as I muttered to myself. "Three rats? If one's Luis, who're the other two? There are other intruders besides me?"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I should be able to get the next one up tomorrow morning, if so I really do hope you like it. I also hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.