Chapter 79: The Fate of Pedro and Gabe

Y/N POV

Continuing to roam through the industrial sector of the island, it seemed that my theory was correct, I encountered a few more of those disturbing creatures and sure enough once I found the hidden tumour located within their body, they would go down after only a few handgun rounds.

It did concern me how Uroboros had managed to spread across the island with both Alex and Neil dead or how Alex even got a hold of the virus after Albert's death years ago.. I thought the BSAA had taken any remaining samples for analysis.

I thought back to what Alex had said when we briefly met up. She mentioned that me and Albert had gained our abilities through death, I don't know where Natalia had gone so it was very plausible that Alex had succeeded in downloading her consciousness into the child and used her to release the virus. Though I'm pretty sure Alex's original body was obliterated in the explosion.

Since then, I had just roamed the island aimlessly, occasionally scrounging for food. However it seemed I had some competition as at first, I would sometimes here what I'm certain was sniper rifle fire however that died down not too long ago, I don't know who it was or whether they were friendly or not but I never got an answer as whenever I looked around, I never saw anyone.

I also did supply runs for resources like ammo and the occasional herb if I got injured, that's why I was back here, turns out the industrial sector was full of discarded ammunition that I could pocket for myself, I just had to watch it for creatures, at first it was just the Afflicted but now it seemed I also had Uroboros to deal with.

As I walked down what I believed to be a seemingly empty street, I turned towards one of the buildings, I don't know why but I was getting uncomfortable vibes from this particular building. I entered it and began navigating the sea of corridors within.

I came to a staircase and naturally began ascending it, however as I did so, I heard what sounded like insect wings fluttering ahead. I looked up the stairs and saw nothing however the noise appeared to be getting louder as if whatever was causing it was getting closer.

Looking around, I still saw nothing so I decided to take a leap of faith so to speak and shot in the direction of the noise. My eyes widened a bit when I saw a splatter of blood, I had definitely hit something but the question was, what?

I shot at it twice more before I got my answer, whatever was making it invisible wore off revealing that it was indeed some form of insect, it had a large torso with small legs and wings protruding out of it, it fluttered about for a second before collapsing to the ground dead.

Image of a Glasp:

I stared at where the creature had been before muttering "Invisibility, great, just what I needed

I stared at where the creature had been before muttering "Invisibility, great, just what I needed." I suddenly jumped though when I heard a loud growl followed by the familiar noise of a drill revving a few floors above me.

Rolling my eyes I added "And now we have THIS to deal with, fine." Reluctantly, I continued up the stairs, this must have been why I was feeling bad vibes from this place. I knew the cause of the drill sounds and I guess it was time for him to finally be put out of his misery.

Navigating the building, I finally arrived on the top floor, as I opened one door in particular I will admit, I was somewhat surprised when I found the same helicopter that Gabe had tried to use to escape months earlier.

Approaching it, I noticed that it was blocking my path further into the building, luckily I was able to push the charred vehicle out of the hole it created causing it to crash to the ground. That would prove to be a mistake.

As I entered the next room, the wall suddenly broke down to reveal none other than Pedro, his body was just as it had been last time I saw it and he was still clutching that drill as if his life depended on it.

He rasped out in what seemed like a sad tone "Gabe, GABE!" He then turned to me with a look of crazed rage before letting out a roar and rushing towards me in a fit of pure anger. Due to his clumsiness, I was able to easily dodge.

I retaliated by kicking Pedro in the leg, with a grunt he dropped down to one knee before thrashing out with the drill once more in a stabbing motion, again I had no trouble dodging the blow.

You see, it seemed in his mutated state, Pedro was nothing more than a durable brute. He wasn't particularly fast and this gave me a perfect opportunity to evade his attacks and remain one step ahead of him throughout our battle.

He rushed forward with the drill and ended up getting it stuck in a wall. This was the perfect opportunity to do some damage of my own. I pulled my Killer7 out, luckily during my time here, I had found more ammo so I didn't need to worry as much.

I shot directly at the grotesque eyeballs on his body, each one spat an orange liquid and caused him to let out pained cries before he finally eventually pulled his weapon from the wall and tried to attack me once again. 

This time though, I knew I wouldn't need my Killer7 so I instead swapped to my Samurai Edge and as he tried to resume his onslaught, I just continued to shoot directly at his eyeballs and after what felt like an eternity, with one finally cry, Pedro collapsed onto his front dead.

I stared down at the mutated body for a moment. I will admit, I felt kind of bad for killing Pedro, the Terrasave members didn't deserve to be roped into this, but at least he wasn't suffering anymore.

Turning around, I left the body and returned back to the hole in the wall created by the helicopter, looking down I took a deep breath and leapt off the top floor hitting the road outside. Looking up, I found I was once again directly opposite the tower. Though my eyes soon turned to something else that caused me to mutter "First Pedro, now you. Funny how this works isn't it?"

In front of me was the charred remains of a body, normally it would be hard to identify but due to the fact that this body wore a wristband and the close proximity to the helicopter, I knew for certain this was the remains of Gabe.

Image of Gabe's charred remains:

I looked over the body, I noticed one of his arms was mutated and had a knife embedded in it

I looked over the body, I noticed one of his arms was mutated and had a knife embedded in it. Nevertheless, I began speaking "So, this is how you ended up hmm?" Naturally, the burnt corpse couldn't speak so I just looked back towards where Pedro's body remained and said "I hope the two of you will find some peace."

Without another word, I walked away, unaware that there was yet another familiar face not too far away...

??? POV

I entered one of the rooms, my magnum extended in front of me. I had initially anticipated to encounter another B.O.W needing putting down however what I found instead was even stranger.

On the ground was a large B.O.W, it looked more human than most however what caught me off guard was that it was already dead. There were several bullet holes planted into the body that looked like they were from either handgun or magnum rounds.

My eyes shifted to a drill that the creature seemed to have been carrying, picking it up I went over to a hole in the wall and stared out towards the tower.

Who killed this creature? And more importantly, did they know what happened to Moira?

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I assume you know who that was at the end, he will properly appear next chapter. I really hope you liked it and as always, thank you for reading.