Chapter 76: The Consequence for Betrayal

(Sorry for not uploading yesterday, I was unfortunately too busy to write anything and also needed to plan the chapter itself. So sorry for the inconvenience.)

Y/N POV

The meeting with Alex couldn't have gone worse. I had got the answers I wanted however it didn't make them any better to hear. I suppose I should have anticipated that I was just another guinea pig in her eyes. Similar to how Albert viewed me in the later years of us working together.

That once again brings up that same thought that bothered me since Raccoon City. And that thought was what the HELL was wrong with me? Why was I unlike the other Wesker children. We all had the same experimentation and upbringing curtesy of Spencer.

The only difference was that while both Albert and Alex actually partook in Umbrella's experiments at Spencer's orders, I simply followed Albert around and acted as his right-hand and years, I was completely content with that until the events of Raccoon City occurred.

Perhaps it was due to my encounters with Leon and Ada that altered my outlook on the world maybe also seeing the events of Raccoon City first-hand had opened my eyes to the danger that could be caused by bioweapons being released.

The final nail in the coffin though could have even been either my battle against Saddler, seeing how powerful one man can become with bioweaponry like the Las Plagas parasite, or when the mental switch finally flipped when I found out Albert's plan for the Uroboros virus. That's when enough was enough and I finally turned on my brother, a fact which I still felt guilty about years later.

I walked back through the narrow corridor, I could tell that Alex was likely watching me through numerous security cameras and grinning to herself. I should have known she would have planned for any contingency. Even though I had her cornered in that laboratory, she held all the cards, our meeting was 100% on her terms.

I'm also certain, the only reason she was letting me leave was to get better sport out of killing me. She said it herself, me, Neil, Claire and Moira were all irrelevant to her now, now that she had Natalia, her 'perfect' subject.

It didn't take long to get back to the elevator shaft and from there I just decided I would leave the tower and try and maybe find a way off the island or to possibly lure Alex away from the tower so the self-destruct wouldn't be of any consequence to me.

As I was backtracking though, I realized I was lacking in the ammunition department. I scrounged about for a moment and did managed to actually come across some additional handgun rounds, unfortunately I didn't find any rounds for my Killer7, I would have to use that weapon sparingly.

Before I could leave the tower though, I came across something that caught my attention, I passed the room where I initially confronted Neil and as I expected, he wasn't there, however I noticed a series of screens with camera footage, similar to the ones in Alex's lab at the top of the tower.

Stepping towards the console, I noticed that one of the screens in particular actually showed Neil. I stepped over and tuned the volume to that camera so I'd be able to hear what was being said. 

Neil seemed to be doing something on another console, where he was exactly, I don't know. He was still holding the wound from the gunshot I gave him earlier. Footsteps could be heard behind him and Alex emerged from the top of the screen, her body was in view but her face was still hidden.

Image of Alex and Neil over the security camera:

Neil turned to face her and said "Alright, I've isolated the best candidate

Neil turned to face her and said "Alright, I've isolated the best candidate." Alex bluntly complimented him saying "Good work." With his finger extended, Neil approached her saying "Now it's your turn to-."

He was cut off when Alex raised some sort of gun and fired a needle into his neck, this instantly caught my attention as Neil asked "What did you-?" Again he was cut off as Alex mocked him "You wanted an Uroboros sample? Now you've got it, lapdog."

This angered Neil as he spat out "You don't know shit about me!" He staggered back as the Uroboros virus began taking effect. Alex continued "I know you were Lansdale's puppet. When Veltro incited the Terragrigia Panic seven years ago, the FBC was pulling the strings. The old man went down, but he was smart enough to pass the torch before he did."

Neil dropped to his knees and spat "You played me!" Alex just kept mocking him "Because you're an idiot. You thought you could create a new terrorist threat to justify the FBC." Neil retorted "A monster like you could never understand!"

After that the footage for that camera shut off. I sighed and muttered "So, that was Alex's big plan, turn Neil into some kind of Uroboros creature to wipe out the rest of us. I suppose that's a creative way to kill two birds with one stone."

I backed away from the terminal and began making my way out of the room. As I navigated the halls intent on leaving BEFORE Neil's Uroboros took full-hold, I just so happened to round the corner and come across two familiar faces.

One of them aimed their gun at me and asked "Y/N?" I sighed to myself, great, just great, this was the last thing I needed right now...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, again, I'm sorry for not uploading yesterday, I hope this one was worth the wait, I really hope you enjoyed it and as always, thank you for reading.