Chapter 51: The BSAA's Arrival

Y/N POV

I already was beginning to grow tired of Irving. I still had no idea why Albert chose him in particular to be in charge of distributing the Las Plagas parasite, Hell I don't know why he wanted to unleash Las Plagas anyway, especially after my report from Spain five or six years ago. A part of me was convinced though that it had something to do with that Excella. 

You see, some time after our encounter with Chris and Jill at Spencer's mansion, me and Albert approached a company named Tri-Cell. It was here we formed a partnership with a high-ranking official named Excella Gionne.

She agreed to help us and in return we would secure her position at the Tri-Cell company which in my eyes was just another Umbrella and I'm pretty sure it would meet the same fate. Nevertheless, as time went on, her interests seemed to change.

I didn't trust Excella in the slightest, she struck me as the sort of person that would stab a partner in the back as soon as their usefulness had run out. Yet, she had taken a particular liking to Albert himself, something which he obviously couldn't have cared less about.

Back to the situation at hand, me and Irving made our way by boat, through a swampy marshland that apparently had been already infected with more of those Majini, again adding to the discomfort I felt around the whole place.

(Keep in mind, this is the point where Y/N is beginning to question Wesker's methods. He strongly disapproves of the use of Majini due to his encounters with Ganados in the previous segment.)

Eventually, we passed through a series of security gates and finally arrived at a large oil refinery which was owned by none other than Tri-Cell itself. Our boat docked at one of the back jetties. Stepping off, I aggressively shoved past Irving before heading inside.

The door itself was guarded by two Majini, they both held typical items like shovels. Their complexion had become very similar to the Ganados. Bloodshot eyes, veins appearing on their faces, bloody splotches appearing on their faces.

Image of a Majini:

Stepping inside, we found ourselves in some kind of control room

Stepping inside, we found ourselves in some kind of control room. I instantly turned my attention to a series of computer monitors on the wall. Each one showed CCTV footage of different areas throughout the refinery.

Everything was calm on each of the monitors, until I looked at one in particular. Despite the quiet volume of the monitor, I could still hear assault rifle fire coming from it. As I looked I saw an African American man in military attire fighting off a band of Majini.

I smirked and said to Irving "Looks like the BSAA arrived here faster than I had thought." Irving began panicking and gripped his head with his hands before yelling "Well go and stop them then!" 

I turned to him, shooting a glare that made him tense up in fear. I was contemplating lashing out at him again. Though I calmed myself and instead just smirked again before saying "Why not, I will deal with our guest."

Without another word, I left the room and headed deeper into the refinery. It only took me a few minutes of searching the hallways until I eventually rounded a corner and came across the man from the footage, still fending off the Majini.

Once he took out the last one, he surprisingly, instantly spun around to me and opened fire. Luckily I dodged the shots causing his eyes to widen a bit. He was smart though and didn't waste any more ammo on me, instead he asked "How did you do that? Who are you?"

I got back to my feet and responded "Y/N Wesker. And what about you, I can tell you are BSAA, but you weren't who I was expecting at all." The man responded "Josh Stone, BSAA's West Africa branch." I nodded in understanding.

Image of Josh Stone:

(I'll be honest, I really liked Josh as a character, I thought he had some potential

(I'll be honest, I really liked Josh as a character, I thought he had some potential. I really want to see him and Sheva return in a future game.)

Josh's eyes widened as he aimed his gun at me saying "Wesker? As in Albert Wesker?!" I nodded and said "The very same. Though as skilled as you seem to be Josh, I advise you leave now, I don't want to hurt you."

Naturally, Josh kept his rifle aimed at me before saying "I can't do that. You're under arrest Y/N." I sighed and said "Very well. As skilled as you seem, you have no idea just who you're messing with."

Instantly, I dashed forward and palm-thrusted Josh in the chest. The military ballistics protected him slightly however I was still able to make him fall backwards to the ground. He sat up and opened fire though, I dodged the automatic rounds just as I had the first few.

He got back to his feet and pulled out a knife. He slung the rifle over his back and ran at me. He went in for a stab. However he was no Leon or Krauser, I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, making him grunt and drop the knife.

He stepped back and reached for his handgun, opening fire yet again, though again, I just dodged each round with minimal effort. What I didn't notice was one of the rounds hit a crate, causing it to shatter, revealing an RPG!

(Who the hell put that there?!)

Josh stopped firing and we just stared at each other for a moment. Suddenly he ran forwards, I prepared to strike him right across the face however he ducked and slid under me. He grabbed the RPG and opened fire!

The rocket travelled towards me and I was barely able to raise my hand and catch it. The force of the projectile was actually pushing me back quite a bit, Josh however wasn't done, he raised his handgun and swiftly shot the rocket, making it explode right in front of me!

I just about survived the explosion and dropped to me knees, steam emanating from my body. I caught my breath for a moment before looking up at Josh with a smirk who still had his handgun drawn.

I didn't even speak, instead I just threw a Flash Grenade towards him that temporarily blinded him. In this moment I used my Hookshot to escape the room.

If all went well, Josh's presence here meant that Chris would not be too far behind. I would need to tell Albert of his involvement though...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, sadly it will be the only one I upload today since I'm going to be busy this afternoon. I really do hope you liked it and as always, thank you for reading.