Chapter 32: Meeting with Luis Sera

Y/N POV

I carried the unconscious Ada in my arms for a short while until I knew I was far enough away from that Village Chief. I will admit, I was curious at to how I kept happening across enemies with durability that could withstand my own abilities, first it was that Tyrant and Nemesis in Raccoon City, then it was this guy.

My focus remained on Ada, I didn't want to place her on the dirt-ridden ground so I just kept her in my arms until we stumbled upon a cave, once inside I gently placed her on the floor and analysed her body.

The first thing I noticed was a small dart implanted in her neck. I mentally kicked myself for not noticing this sooner, that was clearly what had lead to her sudden collapse. Nevertheless, I instantly plucked it out of her, tossing it aside.

After that, I just sat and waited, waited for any sign of movement from my partner. It took about an hour of just silently sitting there watching her before she eventually opened her eyes and faintly looked around asking "Wha-? What happened?"

I just responded saying "You were hit with some kind of stun dart, I don't know what the Ganados would have done if I hadn't shown up." Ada just chuckled and said "Thank you for the help then."

Making a gesture with my fingers I said "That's TWO you owe me now. Or are we at three?" I began jokingly counting, first off was when me and Leon saved her in that garbage dump six years ago, then there was when we both fell off that walkway in the NEST and finally there was right now.

Ada however interjected and commented "That would only be two times. If you haven't forgotten, you fell off that walkway as well, we both escaped Raccoon City together." I nodded and said "Fair enough, can't exactly argue with that."

She then abruptly tried standing up saying "Come on, we have a mission to complete." I nodded slowly helping her up as I asked "Are you able to walk?" Ada rolled her eyes and said "I was knocked out by a stun dart not a club round the head. I'm fine."

I couldn't help but grin at her comment before finally saying "Very well. But I'm not letting you out of my sight so soon. Can't risk another injury can we?" Ada just grinned a bit before we both made our way out of the cave.

We eventually found ourselves back in familiar territory. I pulled out my communicator device which had a second purpose, you see not only could Albert contact us, but we also could be provided with a bearing on where our objective was.

I looked at the map on the communicator and turned to Ada saying "According to this Luis is held up in another abandoned house a short distance from the village." Ada nodded and said "You'd think we'd be done with that damn village by now." I nodded "Indeed. It's becoming rather repetitive."

Nevertheless, we did make our way back through our initial route, once again crossing through the village and going to where we found that initial shack where Luis was first meant to be. This time though we went past it even further.

By this point it was beginning to pour down with rain as we heard thunder roaring and lightning crashing off in the distance. We didn't pay it any mind though at this point and just pressed on until eventually we arrived at a bridge.

Here we found a blue flame strangely lit up, this was strange enough on its own, but what made this stranger was there was a man standing next to it. He was hunched over and wore a large cloak that completely masked his features.

He turned to us and spoke in a thick accent "Ah more strangers! I've got a good selection on show for you two." He then opened his cloak and I will admit, my eyes widened when I saw a wide array of weapons, ammo and healing items.

Image of the Merchant:

(I had to include the Merchant in this segment especially since he is a major part of Resident Evil 4

(I had to include the Merchant in this segment especially since he is a major part of Resident Evil 4. From this point on, he will also make reoccurring appearances in random future chapters for the rest of the segment as well.)

Ada just eyed him suspiciously however I stated "Sure, let me see what you have." The Merchant just chuckled before saying "Got a selection of good things on sale stranger. What're ya buyin'?" 

I had a look at his wares and one thing stood out to me, a magazine upgrade to my handgun. I said "I'll take that and some First Aid Spray, if that's okay with you." I handed over the necessary PTAS for the upgrade and first-aid spray as he said "A wise choice stranger."

With that business out of the way, we bid farewell to the strange Merchant and continued on our way, crossing the bridge where we found the house we were looking for. There were several Ganado's bodies littering the ground meaning there must have been a skirmish very recently.

Regardless, we just waited around in the pouring rain for a few minutes before we heard a voice from inside saying "I've forgot something. You guys go on ahead." The door to the cabin opened and a man walked out who I instantly recognized from the photos as Luis Sera.

Image of Luis Sera:

We even heard what sounded like Leon calling after him from inside calling him 'Lewis'

We even heard what sounded like Leon calling after him from inside calling him 'Lewis'. However he ignored the call and instead looked over, saw us and smiled faintly to himself. As he approached us he asked Ada "Hey senorita. Got a light? And some smokes to go with it to make my day?"

I stepped forward, fishing them out of my pocket and saying "Here." I tossed them to him and he caught them, nodding a bit in thanks. Ada bluntly asked "Where's the sample?" Luis joked "Okay, we skip the foreplay. As a matter of fact, I was just going to get it. Where's the love baby?"

Normally, I would find someone hitting on Ada annoying but with Luis it was actually quite humorous. I spoke up "Sounds like fun to us. Just hurry up." Next Luis asked "Okay you two. Where do you stand on all this? Exactly what kind of group are you both working for?"

Ada started the answer by saying "There are some things in the world better off not knowing." I finished the sentence "This is one of them." Luis just shrugged in response saying "Fine, I can take a hint. I don't care who you are. So long as you take care of that old man and his religious friends."

With that he just climbed over a nearby fence and walked away without another word. Me and Ada stood in the rain watching him leave as I said "I can see why you like him Ada. I just hope he survives this whole ordeal long enough to secure that sample for us."

Author's Note: And that's all for this chapter. This one was even more fun to write than the last one especially since it's the first appearance of both Luis and the Merchant, both of which will have reoccurring appearances in the story. I really hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it and as always, thank you for reading.